Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Competition > Prize 50mW 532nm laser

OK here goes.....bridged solder joint...bridged connection on PCB somewhere....groung looped in single ended config?
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Ok, my best guess...

The laser produces a lower than usual wavelength beam of 530nm due to impurities in the crystal flushing gigglepin matrix.
    Laser light at that frequency is the heaviest in the visible spectrum due to combo-nanofactursation of the photonic pre-amplifier.
    The scanners are not designed to shift all that weight, the drivers are drawing too much current trying, this overloads the power supply which in turn is shutting down.

Using a regular weight 532nm laser beam fixed the problem.

Close?

A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

Lasermad ....

the comment from Dave ...
    Easy solution - replace the laserphoto rubbish with some good scanners
    knowing Dave the comment should Not to be taken seriously .... i think the smiley at the end gives it away

as you have seen from some of the replys to your thread .... we dont take life ( and each other ) to seriously i really enjoy the ribbing and banter we give each other

Any way my theory is .......
    That you need to Contact "Scotish Power" about the supply fluctuations to your house ...... or your petrol generator is fucked

all the best .... Karl
    Last edited by Banthai; 06-02-2007 at 03:57.

I feel COLD !

Sorry folks no-ones close on my understanding of the issue.

Any more ideas ?

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Maybe you can start giving away clues - what DAC are you using, what are you trying to display etc. A little more about the setting

Does this entice any more people to try ........... this is an image of the >50mW focassable green laser pointer .... no good for lasershow use but great for experimentation and burn testing / balloon popping aligning and star pointing .the prize is BRAND NEW , boxed and valued at £125 / $250 ... get yer entries in ... !! BTW the DAC wasnt even connected at this point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sfxL.jpg  

Last edited by Lasermad; 06-08-2007 at 03:12.

Ha nice! it works
    how do you get that beam bouncing back to the laser bouncing of both mirrors??? easy if it bounces of the first galvo only but then how do you get it to move in the horizontal plane. Unless that galvo is really screwed so it has play displacing the whole rotor, rotating the mirror around the vertical axis.... Its just hard to see from the vid.

Paul you haven't terminated this yet so here is one last shot
    Just realzed that you are using the galvos in the less conventional way: the top galvo is your X galvo and the bottom one is your Y galvo. Usually this is the other way around. This can be confusing because if the amps are marked X and Y you might get them mixed up and actually end up connecting the wrong galvo to the wrong amp. Since the amps are tuned to one specific galvo the results will be unpredictable and could end up doing whats going on in your vid.

Looking at your vid I'm still puzzled as to how the beam get reflected back straight at the laser. Looks like it is the bottom (your Y) galvo that is clicking around the extreme position of 45deg reflecting the beam back to the top galvo mirror and back to the laser...
    Kind of silly but who knows.....

Might guess as well,

I do not think it is a power prob as the laser seems to keep the output steady, assuming they get power from the same point ?

Or you might have the scanners powered from a source that has another appliance pluged in on it, this appliance might be causing the problem?

What about the bearings on the galvo, might be seized and causes the the amps to go into overload when trying to center? Sure does make a short screatching noise when the galvo moves

Am I close? give us a clue then...

Well Guys
    Thanks for everbodys input , I think i will have to pick a winner soon , lets say the person who came closest IMHO to the issue , nobody for me seemed to hit it on the head , but I think one answer may have been 50% of the way there.

Ok any last minute entries ? !

PAUL