Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Competition > Prize 50mW 532nm laser

Uhhh... Gremlins or Ghosts?

And the winner is................................................ ..?

ok guys heres where i really get screwed , as i TRY to explain the issue as i understand it .

The X galvo either because it is the incorrect galvo , or incorrect mount for the galvos seemed to have the wrong polarity ? The galvo works perfect when out of the mount but as soon as it was slid into mount it started being very unhappy as can be seen in the video. I was not aware galvos had a polarity but i try not to understand the tech too much as it makes my head fuzz , i just need things to work !

The guy who explained the solution explained this as the reason so please dont shout at me :-) if my explanation is crap !

Ok hopefully the above makes sense to most and the solution ... a plain old peice of sellotape around the galvo and then slid into mount and hey presto all works fine .

Ok due to a fe things ZOOF said in his posts , and if nothing else at least for effort :-) i think ZOOF is the winner !!

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Question

Are you sure the galvo in "?" is/was not somehow grounding itself to the mount? Doesn't that cellotape interfere with heat disapation into the mount?

Congrats ZOOF!!!

Sounds alot like the galvo is shorted internally to the frame which is grounding itself to the mount. Which would explain why the power supply is reseting. Adding tape around the galvo is only insulating it electronically, and somewhat thermally. You could end up overheating the galvo if you leave it that way, but if the galvo is internally shorted the only other option may be to isolate the mount from the rest of the projector. With a piece of wire, touch one end to the mount and the other end to an exposed metal part of the galvo, if it acts the same, I'd send the galvo back for a replacement...

David

And thif that doesnt work, hook it to a tesla coil and watch it bang till its balls come off ooohhh yeowwwwww/////\\\\\------------------------!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    And thif that doesnt work, hook it to a tesla coil and watch it bang till its balls come off ooohhh yeowwwwww/////\\\\\------------------------!

Hehe...That is so funny

Didnt I mention in post #2 that the galvo was bad???
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    ROFLCOPTERS!

Dude, I don't know where the hell you find all these smileys, but the one above is absolutely inspired. (What the hell are the odds that someone made a smiley that showed someone smacking their balls? Probably about as good as the odds you'd get the opportunity to use such a smiley in a thread about lasers... Go figure!)

Adam

Lightbulb

Yes marconi you did, and you mentioned it may be a grounding issue...

As for the smiliey, I have been waiting to find a post that was good for it... thanks steve-o!

Here is another "ballsy" one...

Last edited by allthatwhichis; 07-03-2007 at 18:51.