Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hazer Recommendation?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I also find no residue from my DF-50's anywhere. Granted it's a huge room but, when you only use a half pint of fluid in a year, spread out over 98,000 cubic feet, residue is non existent. I think it's fair to say if you had a DF-50, you wouldn't notice any buildup either since you'd only have to run it maybe 20- 30 seconds per evening that you're doing anything in your home.
    PM Sent...

DF50's are a great cracker. No doubt.

from the machines that we stock:

Antari HZ500 - their df50 - great machine, own flight case, df50 output, much quieter. some residue if used too much in an install for a while. The HZ350 is also a great machine and probably what i would buy in your place

Antari F7 smaze - water based machine with an air pump running through the heater coil so there is always air running through. Very clever as the low level output is exceptionally smooth and cloud free - the main issue i have with uniques etc, i always find their output "lumpy". Very very fine haze, uses £10 / gal fluid and that goes a long way too. again self flight cased, on board dmx and dmx controlled fan that makes the unit completely self contained. They even travel with 2 gals of fluid on board so they can go out on a weekend festival with nothing else needed, very tidy.

Pea Soup Phantom - as said above, the ultimate fine haze, cheap to run, super long hang. gas needed though.

Pea Soup Dragon - the water based unit mentioned above - these also have a pump so no gas needed. Best quality water based haze I've ever seen. bar none. Use Le Maitre industrial grade fluid ( after having calibrated the heater to suit, programmable on the unit) the haze just hangs and hangs. One machine with a decent fan will do a 15,000 seat arena with ease.

Thats what we use and like. Antari ( well their decent kit) is up there with anything else quality wise and much better than most, and the pea soup stuff is spot on too.

Have you had any experience of the Antari F3 or F5-D Chris?
    They seem to be direct competitors with the Look/SF/HB options and about the same prices.
    Just wonder if they bring anything extra
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hello Adam,

The rep has brought them in for me to play with in the past and they are certainly well made machines ( and I've stripped their kit down, the internal build and component quality is faultless). I can't remember if either machine has their air pump tech, but if so it might be worth a look. A big plus is that they will run on either antari or showtec fluid, the showtec fluid is very cheap and fully endorsed by antari. We run the F7's on showtec high density fog fluid and it works a treat.

Much better discounts available on Antari....wink wink

UltraTec Radiance hazer, barely sips water based fluid, tough as nails, easy to maintain.
    Been using the same 2 i bought, for the past 5 yrs with just cleaning.

Forget about the oily residue , antiquated DF50's .

My .02
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    UltraTec Radiance hazer, barely sips water based fluid, tough as nails, easy to maintain.
    Been using the same 2 i bought, for the past 5 yrs with just cleaning.

Forget about the oily residue , antiquated DF50's .

My .02
    say what you will but the output is what matters and oil still gives you better output imho

If that were the case, we'd all be using oil based hazers.
    It isn't the 'only' thing that matters.
    Frikkin Lasers

the output of a hazer isn't the most important part?

Is everyone using oil based hazers?
    Frikkin Lasers

Any recommendations for hazers/smoke machines for outside shows? Right now I'm running martin jem magnum 1800 foggers with fans and using Froggy Frog haze fluid. The shows go on for 4-5 hours a night and by the end I've gone through about a liter of fluid. It is of course all based on conditions--wind, placement of foggers, ect. The martin machines are pretty reliable and rather inexpensive. Are not all water based foggers basically the same? Pump and a heater core? The fazers just add a fan. I would love to do DF's, but with outside conditions, they would probably be a waste of money.