Thread: Running Beyond and intermittent Bluetooth audio

Default Running Beyond and intermittent Bluetooth audio

Ok, I'm starting a new thread because this is now a different problem.

I initially installed Beyond on a Dell E6420 notebook with 8GB of memory, 2.5ghz Core i5 processor and an SSD running Windows 7 Pro/64-bit.

Everything worked great, except when connected to a bluetooth speaker, the audio would cut in and out. I tried different BT speakers.. tried putting them right next to the notebook (BT transmitter), and even tried a USB BT adapter with all the same results. This BT problem only existed when running Beyond. Any other audio source would work fine.

So thinking it was a problem with the Dell notebook, I then installed Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro (using Bootcamp), and again, Beyond runs great. Except for Bluetooth!! The exact same problem as on the Dell notebook. Regular BT audio works fine (say from a browser or a video).

So as much as I don't want to believe, I can only conclude that Beyond is the culprit.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is this a known problem? Is there a fix/patch/work around?

thanks.

Could be buffer overruns or other problems related to range... Have you checked the bluetooth audio devices frequency and bitrate? it might becausing problems with the audio device.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trythis.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	49030

It might also be windows 10 related.. as drivers are a bit hit and miss.. I very much doubt this is a BEYOND playback problem as it's not much different from most applications..

Last but not at least: Use the pangolin forum for this: http://www.pangolin.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Thanks, Pangolin was my next stop... wanted to ask here first.

I'm having the same problem on Win7 and Win10 on two different machines and different BT audio devices.

It's strange that the only common factor is Beyond, when all other audio sources are fine.

I'll try out my BT speaker on Windows 7 and 10 (on different machines) for you tomorrow when back at work.

Well, poking around I just upgraded Beyond to 699SLE and it seems to be working better!

Will post again if I run into the same problem.

Not running 2.1 then?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Nope!

Is that because you're using functionality in SLE that isn't unlocked in Essentials or something?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Sort of. I want to be sure to have the feature to import/convert/play Showtime shows, and I don't know if that's an option in Beyond Basics.