Thread: Question regarding a 110 Volt, 30 amp PSU for a lexel 75 argon.

Default Question regarding a 110 Volt, 30 amp PSU for a lexel 75 argon.

Howdy eveyone, its been a while.

I was given a lexel 75 (Thank-you Adam) and its throwing an interlock code. I just went thru and checked the flow switch and ran CLR thru the whole system. The flow switch was a bit sticky, but after some hard pressure on and off cycles, a squirt of spray 3 in 1 oil into the water inlet for the pressure switch and more water on and off cycles, the relay and switch open and close quickly and reliably.
    I think Im ready to power this up.
    The main question is,
    Its a 110 V psu.

Can I run it off one leg of my 220 volt line>
    or should i just hard wire it from the electrical panel?

Thanks for any info.

Nate.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

I would hard wire in a new outlet personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Howdy eveyone, its been a while.

I was given a lexel 75 (Thank-you Adam) and its throwing an interlock code. I just went thru and checked the flow switch and ran CLR thru the whole system. The flow switch was a bit sticky, but after some hard pressure on and off cycles, a squirt of spray 3 in 1 oil into the water inlet for the pressure switch and more water on and off cycles, the relay and switch open and close quickly and reliably.
    I think Im ready to power this up.
    The main question is,
    Its a 110 V psu.

Can I run it off one leg of my 220 volt line>
    or should i just hard wire it from the electrical panel?

Thanks for any info.

Nate.

OK, so, after a fast trip to the hardware store and an electrican friend, I now have a new 110 V 40 amp outlet. I have power when I turn on the breaker, but I cannot get the interlock issue to go away. Ive opened the interlocks and jumpered the water flow relay for the moment (temporary for troubleshooting the interlock) waters on and flowing freely. I have opened the interlock posts on the head and PSU. The power button is not starting the power up sequence however.
    What else can cause the interlock issue? I know the lamps on my Coherent will cause an interlock failure if they burn out, do the Lexels have a similar setup?
    Thanks.
    Will there be three phase!!!!