Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anybody try this DAC?

Question Did anybody try this DAC?

Hi,

did anybody try this DAC from http://halaser.eu/e1701a.php ? It seems to have an ILDA-compatible interface and comes with a compatibility-DLL that contains interfaces for Easylase, Etherdream and EZauDAC ( https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/Op.../libe1701inter ) and therefore should be usable out of any show software.

I wonder if anybody has already tried it and can share some experiences...

Thanks

Sortland

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that dac is designed for laser marking, not for laser shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sortland View Post
    Hi,

did anybody try this DAC from http://halaser.eu/e1701a.php ? It seems to have an ILDA-compatible interface and comes with a compatibility-DLL that contains interfaces for Easylase, Etherdream and EZauDAC ( https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/Op.../libe1701inter ) and therefore should be usable out of any show software.

I wonder if anybody has already tried it and can share some experiences...

Thanks

Sortland
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    that dac is designed for laser marking, not for laser shows.
    I understand this but as mentioned in my previous posting it has a ILDA-compatible interface and a compatibility-DLL for usage with laser show software, so I'd guess it is possible to (ab)use it for shows too.

For me hardware is interesting because it seems it can be connected via UIB and Ethernet optionally.

Sortland

It certainly looks interesting and more than capable. Find out how much it costs.

Edit: I just sent out a request for more information to them.

Already got a response with a full price list. Looks like the DAC with the optional ILDA connector comes in around EUR 300,00 and I think that includes some show software. I need to read through the document they sent to understand it all. They also sent me a price list that contained a couple laser show scanners so it appears that are not just in the marking business.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I find it appalling that when I look at the APC code repository that its a fork of Dr Lava's code with no reference to him, and some of the others that contributed snippits to the code.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

It doesn't seem to be using a fork of anyone's code. It is just using the public APIs of the DLLs. What is appalling is that EasyAud and Etherdream ripped off the EasyLase API so that their DACs will work in place of the EasyLase API.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Its still code without giving credit... One way or another...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Don't worry. They will have mud on their face when a user attempts to install the software into the Program Files directory and the Etherdream DLL causes their application to crash.
    etherdream was supported for some time and the software may be still available for download. however, no active development has gone on for some time.

i know there were issues some GPL sources in their firmware.. and some politics.

(shrug)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Its still code without giving credit...Steve
    What license does require such a credit? As far as I can see it is GPL and all sources are open in this public GIT.