Thread: A new big green from KVANT

Laser Warning A new big green from KVANT

Hi all,

I just thought this may be interesting for some of you guys.
    Unfortunately I can't discuss any technical specifics so it is just a teaser.. :roll eyes:

http://www.kvantlasers.co.uk/green-bigger-than-ever
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

Hi Martin, thanks for the link.
    I''m sorry this will be the first reply to your thread, but to be honest I'm getting really tired with these overexposed photos. The color of the sky and bloom on the street lights make it painfully obvious that the camera exposure was set too high to make the beams brighter. I know just about every company does it, but it's still not honest nor does it give a realistic impression of the laser used. Yes, the beam profile is clearly very good but we're left to guess how bright the beams look irl.

And if you have to ask how much, you can't afford one
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Sorry, but this might not be a big deal. What is the power level? What is the divergence (full width)? What is the cost?

Why post a vague statement about a laser without any specifics? It's like this. I am aware of a project where 500W of green is being discussed, where other wavelengths, not just green, are on the table (pun intended). I am personally working on a tuneable laser pumped by a triple digit green. Not joking here. So, without specifics, this is a little frustrating.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

A"green"ed. Kinda pointless post. That's really a bit like DimSum Lasers posting that they have a "new bright watt RGB with fast scan and now keyswitch" soon. When there is actually relevant info you can provide, then by all means do so. In the interim, these pics could just as easily have been taken at any UKLEM since they have stuff that looks the same.
    PM Sent...

I think the yag that they use for eye surgery (the one that superseded the excimer laser) has an adjustable focus.
    I was also told that it had parallel output? perhaps they have a cheap way of getting those characteristics ?