Thread: X-axis wiggling intermittently?

Default X-axis wiggling intermittently?

Does anyone know what can be causing this? We are projecting outdoor graphics with a 125ft throw. 30k at about 20 degrees. We have the laser housed in a waterproof container, but i'm worried that the weather could be causing these problems. Although they are safe from rain, they are still exposed to temperature changes. Could the scanner amps be overheating? I'm not an engineer, so I'm kind of at a loss. We're using Kvant clubMax 3000's. I never have this issue when projecting indoors, but the conditions don't seem to be bad enough to cause these kinds of problems. It's an 8 laser graphic setup, and it seems to be happening to a few of the lasers. I'm trying to narrow down the issue, but I just can't really find any patterns. It's been in the 40's recently, but tonight it's about 64 degrees, and the problems "seem" to have become worse tonight, but I can't be sure that's the issue. Some nights we have no problems. When i throw up a grid test pattern, you can see the x-axis wiggling uncontrollably, but it's intermittent. It will shake, and then stop. shake, and stop. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I always say check all your ground connections but if it's intermittent, possibly something up with the PSU. Like always, swap your ILDA signal, X for Y and see if the problem stays on X or moves to Y (swap physical connections, swapping in software won't help).
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.