Thread: neo-neon trinity sp500ldrgb

Default neo-neon trinity sp500ldrgb

Hi guys,
    I've watched and learned from this forum for a long time, first time posting though.

I have been into the laser hobby since the mid '80's. First laser, 5mW red He-Ne from MWK. Second was a .5mW 543 green from Meridith Indust., Still have them both, still working as well! Have owned an ALC60, 100mW multi-line Argon, Ebay score, tube got cracked moving a few years ago, resold PS and moved on.

I currently have multiple red, green, blue and purple modules along with my two original He-Ne's. Most powerful is a BDR209 405nm module. I have made several sound to shape, lissous type units and many lumia rigs along with some DVD and Blueray burners.

I actually traded an RGB lumia unit made from a Spencers RGB star projector, replaced the diffraction gratings with shower door type style glass, for a 400-500mW cheap chinese ILDA projector with an Ishow DAC, cables and software to a DJ buddy of mine. This worked better for him, he didn't want to spend the time to program shows, just wanted colors to beat with music. The Ishow disc was unreadable, but thanks to this forum,I was able to download the proper version of Ishow and get it working on a Win7 laptop!

I do have a couple pairs of protective goggles to cover the blue-green and red high power units. I don't mess with the IR too much. So, I'm not a total noob to lasers in general.

Enough about me, here is my question:
    What does anybody know about the Trinity SP500mW LDRGB laser?

I have done a lot of searching: Here, LPF and general web searching. There's not a lot out there about this unit.

It looks like it is made by Neo-Neon Laser. Semi Pro unit, 500mW. May be still sold by a UK reseller.

Through my DJ buddy, I have a chance to buy one of these units. It was supposed to have been pulled as a working unit from a dance club.
    According to the pics he sent me, it is ~500mW, 532/473/635nm, ILDA, SD card, DMX and USB with CT6210 Scanners. The asking price is ~$600.00

Does this seem reasonable? It looks like this was/is a much higher price unit than that. Even the parts inside this thing should be worth more than that!

The seller says that it works, just that you need an ILDA interface to work it. I have not seen the unit working, but only the pics sent to me of it and the labels.

From what I have seen of this unit, it is way better than the chinese 10K-12K, TTL unit I have been playing with. My goal is not pro or money making in any way, only home and self entertainment.

I Know I need a MUCH better DAC and control software, I was leaning towards Riya and spaghetti. Would this work with this unit?

Any answers or opinions would be appreciated.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

are you referring to that ancient lasernet projector that was eBay for about a year? silver aluminum case with a sort of triangle shape?

if it works as advertised it's a good deal, but it's ancient and been in a club for ages. I would ask for a demonstration and power meter readings before committing.

Quote Originally Posted by GRN05GT View Post
    Hi guys,
    I've watched and learned from this forum for a long time, first time posting though.

I have been into the laser hobby since the mid '80's. First laser, 5mW red He-Ne from MWK. Second was a .5mW 543 green from Meridith Indust., Still have them both, still working as well! Have owned an ALC60, 100mW multi-line Argon, Ebay score, tube got cracked moving a few years ago, resold PS and moved on.

I currently have multiple red, green, blue and purple modules along with my two original He-Ne's. Most powerful is a BDR209 405nm module. I have made several sound to shape, lissous type units and many lumia rigs along with some DVD and Blueray burners.

I actually traded an RGB lumia unit made from a Spencers RGB star projector, replaced the diffraction gratings with shower door type style glass, for a 400-500mW cheap chinese ILDA projector with an Ishow DAC, cables and software to a DJ buddy of mine. This worked better for him, he didn't want to spend the time to program shows, just wanted colors to beat with music. The Ishow disc was unreadable, but thanks to this forum,I was able to download the proper version of Ishow and get it working on a Win7 laptop!

I do have a couple pairs of protective goggles to cover the blue-green and red high power units. I don't mess with the IR too much. So, I'm not a total noob to lasers in general.

Enough about me, here is my question:
    What does anybody know about the Trinity SP500mW LDRGB laser?

I have done a lot of searching: Here, LPF and general web searching. There's not a lot out there about this unit.

It looks like it is made by Neo-Neon Laser. Semi Pro unit, 500mW. May be still sold by a UK reseller.

Through my DJ buddy, I have a chance to buy one of these units. It was supposed to have been pulled as a working unit from a dance club.
    According to the pics he sent me, it is ~500mW, 532/473/635nm, ILDA, SD card, DMX and USB with CT6210 Scanners. The asking price is ~$600.00

Does this seem reasonable? It looks like this was/is a much higher price unit than that. Even the parts inside this thing should be worth more than that!

The seller says that it works, just that you need an ILDA interface to work it. I have not seen the unit working, but only the pics sent to me of it and the labels.

From what I have seen of this unit, it is way better than the chinese 10K-12K, TTL unit I have been playing with. My goal is not pro or money making in any way, only home and self entertainment.

I Know I need a MUCH better DAC and control software, I was leaning towards Riya and spaghetti. Would this work with this unit?

Any answers or opinions would be appreciated.

Never saw it on Ebay, but the person did list it this week on Craigslist, Tampa Bay Area. There are some pics of it there, http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/eld/5342056714.html.
    I may go and take a look at it this week-end. I don't have a power meter though. But, if it works and and "appears" as bright as my 400-500mW China projector, I would be happy.

From what I have seen, Pangolin had a hand in this unit. Would it still work with a different DAC and software? I don't feel like putting out the cash for Quick Show or LD2000 right now.

Thanks.

On a side note, there is a listing for 2 Laservision Digital SE heads with controller, one lases, one doesn't, for $40 in the same general area i might pick up while I'm over there just to mess with and or use the parts for some other project. If the one is a bad tube or PS, I have spares or even my 543nm green. http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/ele/5297050301.html

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yup. that's the one. i was considering buying it off of ebay a while back. it's almost a decade old, but a good deal if it's to advertised spec. i would guess it doesn't if it was in a club for that length of time.

it should work fine with a non-pangolin dac.

Quote Originally Posted by GRN05GT View Post
    Never saw it on Ebay, but the person did list it this week on Craigslist, Tampa Bay Area. There are some pics of it there, http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/eld/5342056714.html.
    I may go and take a look at it this week-end. I don't have a power meter though. But, if it works and and "appears" as bright as my 400-500mW China projector, I would be happy.

From what I have seen, Pangolin had a hand in this unit. Would it still work with a different DAC and software? I don't feel like putting out the cash for Quick Show or LD2000 right now.

Thanks.

On a side note, there is a listing for 2 Laservision Digital SE heads with controller, one lases, one doesn't, for $40 in the same general area i might pick up while I'm over there just to mess with and or use the parts for some other project. If the one is a bad tube or PS, I have spares or even my 543nm green. http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/ele/5297050301.html
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.