Thread: question on alarm noises, standalone or mp3

Default question on alarm noises, standalone or mp3

I have been looking for some of the more odd alarm sounds i have heard in movies or in documentary, one example is the chiming alarm in the Apollo 11 when it alarmed when on decent to the moon, it started out as a loud almost since wave sound that decayed in amplitude and ii believe shifted in frequency, it had a more plesent sound then say the master buss B under volt from Apollo 13 but that would be a nice one to have as well. I have not been able to find the alarm from Apollo 11 isolated from the speech in the recordings i have found

A standalone schematic i think would be great but a mp3 i could work with as well with just a cheap voice recording kit, but what i don't generally want is a simple siren, already have a few of them laying around.
    even a motor driven siren that i can vary the voltage to the motor would give me the decay, i had one made from plastic but the motor failed, i am looking for just about anything except the simple siren kit that i see all over the place unless it can do other tones, heck even Arduino sketch's would be workable. i just don't where to start to look, some sounds would be for a real danger but i need others for non critical stuff that does not need to be 120db

thanks
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

all I can find is a description

http://history.nasa.gov/afj/aoh/aoh-v1-2-10-c+w.pdf

if you can find a schematic for the tone generator we could easily make them on a pc

neat document, thanks, i will try to keep looking.
    my one high voltage power supply has a master over current alarm that's just electro-mechanical guess it does the job for now as it startles the shit out of me when it triggers lol.

my back up power system i used the same names for the power bus, main bus A and main bus B, one is usually always switched off just in-case i lose power when i am not at home. i still lack a good alarm for a low rail voltage.
    I will try an Arduino forum as well, some has to have some good alarm tones that don't sound like the police are raiding my house
    Last edited by Draco; 12-31-2015 at 04:29.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu