Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: FLEM 2016 is on for March 4th and 5th!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I failed miserably at keeping daily updates this time but, by the time finally crashing in bed rolled around, the eyelids didn't stay open long enough to type. I'm not sure what all to add to this but, a big thank you to Adam (and Mary, and Marie) Burns for their hospitality... and DZ for that matter. Fantastic week and now that the phone calls and e-mails are all caught up and the fires put out here at work, I'm ready to roll out of here again tomorrow to do it again. Big thanks to DZ for what he's done and is continuing to do with the Z-5c, routers and a Kvant projector of mine. I'm really looking forward to trying out the TouchOSC and with any luck, I'll have a chance this week/weekend. We kinda threw another unexpected project his way this week and I'm really looking forward to hearing the results. Another big thanks to Adam and Frank for the time spent modifying the Q-Beam. Often these things are done in a hurry and I appreciate the slow, methodical, "doing it right" approach. Shame we didn't get to the Mobo but, there will be time enough for that.
    Thanks too goes to Hank for taking Adam and I for a ride in the Tesla and letting us each have a crack at being behind the wheel of such an incredible machine. LOVE how hard it slams you into the seat and makes the tear streaks out of the sides of your eyes from the acceleration when taking off. Also to Hank... a big "FU" for bringing the Tesla coil. I was able to resist after the New England LEM and while I looked into it and started window shopping back then... I escaped unscathed. Now after seeing this one and knowing how little they can be purchased for (and how well even a smaller one works), I'm afraid I'll also be adding to the symphony electrifying the night air outside the Newton-Conover Performance Auditorium. Bastard.
    Kumpula may fall into that category also, after seeing his advances with the glow in the dark painting experiment. Now that you've spend some more time in perfecting it, it won't be long before I'm buying $280 per gallon paint as well!!
    Thanks to Aaron for answering my two pressing Pangolin questions and for helping evaluate my DLP projector. Even though it's the same one Bill bought, I just don't see it as being as bright and it may go right back on eBay - or here. Heck.... thanks really needs to go to everyone. It's a time and money sacrifice to come to LEM's and, they wouldn't be as much fun without all that show up and really... everyone plays a part.
    Looking forward to the next time!! The countdown to SELEM is on!
    PM Sent...

What a great LEM for this FLEM first-timer!

After spending a couple of days in Vero Beach with my brother, I'm still on my way back north, spending the night in Santee, SC.

But I have some bad news for the Tesla coil!! At one point on the drive today I had to take a quick, sharp turn, and one of the projectors I had in the back shifted and hit the tesla coil "tower" part (which is thousands of turns of thin copper wire), and it broke about 10 of the turns in the middle of the tower. I'm sure I can get it fixed from the guy who made it originally, just hope it's not too expensive. (It's really my own fault for not covering the coil with the moving blanket I had in the trunk -- I was leaving my brother's place and just didn't think to cover it back up again).

A lot of people asked me about the cost.. I got mine from Polishedball who bought it off of ebay from a listing for this exact item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Musical...-/321950905338 but there are other DRSSTC kits available. Also, I've been advised to stay away from the OneTesla kits.

I'm also thinking of putting together an Arduino or RPi to play the MIDI tracks directly from an SD card, so I don't need a computer to play music. Oh, EdKeefe, where are you???