Thread: CR-TEC Lasers

Default CR-TEC Lasers

Hi there! Quick question. I have been in contact with CR-TEC about purchasing a couple of their lasers new. The prices they offer for some of their lasers are unbelievable compared to the marked up prices of them in the UK. However, they say that they have two ways to pay. Western Union or bank transfer. Does this seem sketchy to anyone or is that the way these manufacturers operate? Also, they would be shipping it to the UK so I doubt that customs will be hugely interested but i'm more worried about the actual unit being damaged.

What are everyone's opinions?

Cheers,

Euan

I had bad luck with these lasers having dealth with them in the past (2+ years ago).. buying spare parts was next to impossible.. and even when having direct communication on skype 95% of the time they weren't very cooperative or understood anything. Their projector cases are weird and not very sturdy either.. Maybe they changed but I somehow doubt it.. be careful.
    Even had bolts loose in 2 projector orders in the past which causes the top plate housing the optics which doesn't even use the entire projectors top room to drag around the bottom plate. All the screws also rust with time and the tolerances on the machining is terrible.. a lot of screws are forced in there.

Their greens were inside the projectors were opts which had a terribly short lifetime.

I don't like western union transfers either.. bank transfers are ok but only if you know the company well.
    The reason why they do this is that they don't have to pay a significant percentage when you buy the goods through paypal.. on top with the option for you to refund the money yourself.
    Last edited by masterpj; 12-29-2015 at 21:06.

I have also recently e-mailed them for a price list but got no reply. But after the comments I will stick to my regular suppliers