Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is the highest power all diode laser projector out there?

..I posted this over at 'a Joke a day', too.. www.laserspacecannon.com/
    ..Yeeah, if that 'Red' (at Least..) isn't photo-phaked / the rest 'enhanced', I'll eat my socks... If this thing Is, indeed "300 W", and is 'so amazingly bright' that it will out-do 7K Xenons, etc - Why does the Moon look like the SUN, and all the 'cities' look like they just Got NUKED?? Pfff, 'wide-iris / slow-shutter much', there, NS??

..Hmm, maybe they could stick some mirror-finish cookie-trays on washing-machine motors, and make a PJ out of a VW bus??.. ...What a crock of *coff*

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Why does the Moon look like the SUN, and all the 'cities' look like they just Got NUKED?? Pfff, 'wide-iris / slow-shutter much', there, NS??
    j
    Good spot on that! Even more so than the moon and the city lights, the tell-tale sign of a long exposure, 3200 iso and f/2.8 is the stars. You can freaking see the stars in some of those pics. Having a lot of experience shooting star pics, these are totally exaggerated pics!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I find it sad that till now I haven't seen a *single* real photo of a laser cannon or landmark laser or whatever you want to call them.
    All of them are overexposed.
    Here's photos by Laserworld: https://www.laserworld.com/en/laser-...sky-laser.html
    Here's some by Laserfabrik https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGrsVhZmZP4

At this point I'm wondering whether there even are any real photos. It's hard to believe even nobody has noticed such beams and taken few photos with their phone and posted on the internet. What's more likely is these beams are almost impossible to notice after a mile or two so nobody besides the companies doing these effects has photographed and talked about them.

For marketing purpose those numbers are nice, especially if you find customers crazy enough to pay for them.

But try to reduce the blue with 50% in the pallet, i'm almost sure the audiance would not notice the difference between the 44W full power or the 30W with reduced blue. yeah the white of the 30W would be better thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    Arctos they sell a 60 odd watt full diode projector
    I expect you have Arctos internal shot posters lining your bedroom walls, were Samantha Fox posters once lived!
    This space for rent.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I've seen over 300 watts Green from a single German made laser in light show service...
    There are about five or so of them in the world with more coming. Most get split into multiple fibers...
    Evidently a UK company has one that gets split into 4-8 heads as needed.
    ~
    Keep in mind Laserscope was owned by a parent company that got into a horrible legal settlement over a non-laser product.
    The Laserscope line was sold. Greenlight will still be produced for rental by the new owners, but no more 800s or the other models will probably be ever made again.. My bet is they make Greenlights even more tightly controlled. Thus tour-able alternatives will be sought to the massive 800 series that is getting increasingly difficult to support.

~

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 03-04-2016 at 08:07.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Might you have some pics of that thing? I haven't even seen photos of a 30W green beam, not to mention 300.

Saw this posted by nusalt on Linkedin .. So maybe this? I'm not sure if it actually has a scanner, if not then it won't be a projector really:

300watts

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    ...300 nsWatts
    ..There, I fixed yer 'typo'.. (..There's a 'difference' ya know.. there's mW, Watts... And then there are 'nsW' and 'lwW' (laserworld Watts) Buncha hackster clowns, both of 'em..

..and, If this is the 'Brightest Full Color Laser in the World' (PS - I am *quite certain* LOBO and even Lightwave, with thier multi-up OPSL-monsters, would take High-exception to this claim..).. Where's the 'long distance, mind-blowing shots'... of the RED?? Hmm..

..And - If that video of the Red is Genuine - Where's the 'speckle'?? (from stuff floating in / out of - Especially such a Huge cluster-beam) during the Video? Why / How so 'homogenous'? (oh, I know, FinalCutPr You mean to tell me during - All - this 'drone video', etc, there was not ONE single 'moth' / fly / june-bug / flotsam that floated thru this beam-cluster?? ANYone that has actually run a Huge-power beam (KTP, etc) knows that when even 'regular outdoor dust' passes thru such a ray - Even 30-40W of a KTP - there's a LOT of 'speckle' from those interactions, and on the occasional chance that a bug / moth / fly, etc passes thru (which can happen a lot with such a large 'surface area' beam, as this..) looks like a Firecracker went off in the beam.. It's a KA-POW flash / bright-spot.. Seeing Nothing of the sort, in Any of this video.. *Especially* if we are - porportedly - seeing *100 plus Watts* / color - that beam-cluster should look like a *giant sparkler* with that much power, even if you're just talking 'regular outdoor-air dust'... Outdoor beams of this power are Never this 'homogenous' looking in video, close-up.. (Ok, maybe in -20˚ mountain air with Zero snow-flakes.. Or Space..

..Yeah, they may have ganged-up a bunch of those '40 Watt Blue Projector Engines', and another Bunch of 520s, but.. Where's the Red? I, for one, certainly Do Not see Anything that looks like (*real*) 20, 30, 40, 50 - let alone 100 - Watts of Red, Anywhere in this 'claim'.. I mean, here's couple stills of a - True - 10-12 Watts of 640 http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...7&d=1291643875 / http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...8&d=1291643900 ...taken with just a crummy 'iPhone', so - yeah, Perhaps a 'slight wide iris' / slow shutter' in the auto-ranging, etc, but.. You'd Certainly expect a '300 Watt Full Color' to be able to Blow These shots away, with Impressive Red... Pff.. again, I'm calling Guano... Too bad probably some 'Clients' won't do the same math..

Sorry we derailed yer thread, Rick..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

The video posted above has some edited parts, like from 0:49 to 1:00 you have what I believe people call a "parallax scrolling" where the foreground object (here a laser cannon) and the background move and optionally scale at opposite directions or at different speeds to simulate camera movement and movement of those objects in relation to each other and the camera. What simple parallax doesn't do is change the specular reflections on the shiny parts of moving object, their perspective distortion, DOF, etc. etc. Parallax scrolling looks convincing in 2d video games, but not in 3d. If that part is edited, what's the guarantee the beams had not been edited in later as well? I mean if they had a blue and red "laser cannon" which they powered at one point to record it with a drone, why didn't they record it from the ground as well? Even shitty editing like that is waste of time, plus it makes people who understand basic video editing (almost anyone) be very skeptical.
    And at 1:20 it's not impressive at all. Come on, a 3W laser pointer can look brighter than that...

I don't wan't to derail from the topic but can anyone explain to me where laser arrays are used and how they are in any way efficient for an outdoor effect like this? I think the idea is the range is so long that the individual beams will eventually diverge and converge with the other beams so knife edging is not necessary, but isn't having some distance at which the beams are separate cause you to lose some brightness because of all the dust and other particles in the air? Isn't that one of the reasons why stacking video projectors doesn't give you twice the lumens, because there's an area where the beams are separate and have to collide with more dust in the air and separately?
    Last edited by ghosttrain; 03-04-2016 at 13:02.