Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Mr. Bowie

Default RIP Mr. Bowie

Such talent to leave us so soon. One of the greatest singers, the Goblin King and an interesting version of Nikola Tesla has left us today. Such sad news. I didn't realize he was so sick.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...at-69-20160111

I'm curious to know if any of the older laserists on this forum ever worked with him during his tour days.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

A sad day.

There is one hell of a gig tonight in heaven. David, Lemmy and Stevie Wright.

All the good ones are going.

Edit, I am amazed Keith is still kicking.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Edit, I am amazed Keith is still kicking.
    Same here. My parents saw the stones just last year. Still kicking and still touring!

he will be missed
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

RIP David Bowie. I remember well the day he visited my laser shop. He arrived in the same limo seen in the film, "The Man Who Fell to Earth". He was doing a concert tour which used only white light - very innovative! Bowie didn't use lasers but was fascinated by them. Perhaps if we had had high power white lasers at that time, he might have. I projected four walls of blue argon laser light around him and as I shrunk the size of the box he mimed as if being trapped inside. We laughed and had a great time. I wasn't into his music and didn't have his records but I liked him very much as a person and enjoyed meeting him.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I was rather surprised to hear the news as well. I was a fan but only saw The Glass Spider tour. What stands out the most from that concert was it was an open air stadium (Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia) and was one of the loudest concerts I was ever at. During Jean Genie, the bass pounding on my chest was enough that I actually had to go out and walk the concourse for a bit. I was commenting to someone this morning that I fear a lot of the greats will all be taking that trip over the next few years.
    PM Sent...

I never saw Bowie in concert, but I wish I had - especially the Glass Spider tour which is listed as one of the top 10 concert designs of all time.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

a massive shock to wake up to this morning and another great I would have loved to have seen live

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    RIP David Bowie. I remember well the day he visited my laser shop. He arrived in the same limo seen in the film, "The Man Who Fell to Earth". He was doing a concert tour which used only white light - very innovative! Bowie didn't use lasers but was fascinated by them. Perhaps if we had had high power white lasers at that time, he might have. I projected four walls of blue argon laser light around him and as I shrunk the size of the box he mimed as if being trapped inside. We laughed and had a great time. I wasn't into his music and didn't have his records but I liked him very much as a person and enjoyed meeting him.
    That is so cool. I would loved to have met him.

Cool

..Uh, well.. I'm a 'tad bit late to the funeral' but..

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    That is so cool. I would loved to have met him.
    Yeah, what a Great story to have under your hat, eh? Sir Photonbeam has got many, many such 'gems of gold'.. Zeppelin, Bowie, dang.. What a Resumé!..

Fwiw, this was my 'tribute', alonside-whist doing some art for a Client-gig in Jan.. Feel free to 'point-pull' / recolorise / use to ya'll's liking.. You may-find the 'ILDA' one has a strange color-shift.. The first Pic, below, was 'coloration as-intended'..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bowie_2_sm.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	49536Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bowie_ILDA_sm.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	49537

..RIP, Ziggy...
    j
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...