Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the highest power all diode laser projector out there?

Cool What is the highest power all diode laser projector out there?

Hi everyone, I will post pics this week of my builds, but wanted to know what the highest power ALL DIODE RGB laser projector is on the market. I know of VERY high power with DPSS and OPSL, but who has the highest power all diode? I just finished building my 4, 44Watt RGBB Slick Beam projectors and was looking to find competitors on the market to compare them with. Mine have 12Watts of 445nm, 14Watts of 465nm, 10Watts of 520nm, and 8Watts of 638nm all in a 7mm beam, with 1.3mRad divergence on Pangolin's Compact 506 Scanners with 8mm Aperture mirrors that are good for 30k. The projectors are 22inches long, by 12 inches wide and 10inches tall, and weigh 80lbs each…

Here is a video of them in action on New Years Eve, not run by me, but my lasers….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM0V...&feature=share

Arctos they sell a 60 odd watt full diode projector
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Hi everyone, I will post pics this week of my builds, but wanted to know what the highest power ALL DIODE RGB laser projector is on the market. I know of VERY high power with DPSS and OPSL, but who has the highest power all diode? I just finished building my 4, 44Watt RGBB Slick Beam projectors and was looking to find competitors on the market to compare them with. Mine have 12Watts of 445nm, 14Watts of 465nm, 10Watts of 520nm, and 8Watts of 638nm all in a 7mm beam, with 1.3mRad divergence on Pangolin's Compact 506 Scanners with 8mm Aperture mirrors that are good for 30k. The projectors are 22inches long, by 12 inches wide and 10inches tall, and weigh 80lbs each…

Here is a video of them in action on New Years Eve, not run by me, but my lasers….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM0V...&feature=share
    Despite 59% on your RGB is Blue, these are impressive specs.
    Thanks for share...inside pics please!
    Jordi Luque

AtenLaser.com
    Barcelona

"Let there be light"

I looked on the Arctos Website and those lasers use DPSS green and OPSL Yellow… Maybe they don't advertise the all diode one you are talking about? http://www.arctos-showlaser.com/arct...de-series.html
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    Arctos they sell a 60 odd watt full diode projector

Quote Originally Posted by jors View Post
    Despite 59% on your RGB is Blue, these are impressive specs.
    Thanks for share...inside pics please!
    Yes, most power is in Blue, but It was more about cramming as much power as I could into this size beam, rather than perfect balance. I'll show some pics soon. They are in transport right now.

It's a little bit of a waste chasing higher and higher powers systems with all these diodes; as 9/10 the beam just gets bigger and bigger, as there's a relatively fixed power density you can achieve.
    I think of it a bit like the camera "mega-pixel race" a few years back where some cameras boasted 30MP sensors, yet still took relatively poor photos in comparison to a quality 8MP etc.

Hopefully that didn't sound too negative; I just think there's more to a quality laser projector than the "50W / 30MP / 800hp / 6.2L" numbers games.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

I agree that the high percentage of blue makes the 44W number somewhat specialized, but when the audience needs to see a really bright beam the extra 10-12 W of blue beyond "balanced" can only help. The color is not that important here. Notice the LED panels in the video. A LOT of power is needed to "balance" them.

Dan,
    I sort of agree, but I think an important part of that beam intensity argument has been that the scanner mirrors were the ultimate limit. If you wanted to increase power by adding to the beam dimension it meant enlarging the required mirror dimensions and hence, slowing the scanners. If the 506's are able to drive these large mirrors quickly then this restriction can be loosened. Alternatively, these powerful diodes mean that new high power limits for even very small diameter beams or low divergence are possible.

Whatever happened to the Saturn scanners? I thought that the 506's were an early release or entry level...whatever, but the the real breakout was going to be the different Saturns and their really high speeds, really big mirror options, not to mention digital driver/amps.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Start with post 807. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...saturn+scanner

They do have them... provided you're wealthy or worthy. Hopefully available to the masses someday.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    I think of it a bit like the camera "mega-pixel race" a few years back where some cameras boasted 30MP sensors, yet still took relatively poor photos in comparison to a quality 8MP etc.

Hopefully that didn't sound too negative; I just think there's more to a quality laser projector than the "50W / 30MP / 800hp / 6.2L" numbers games.
    Big thumbs up I might use that in the future as I explain this time and time again ''I'm sure most of us do'' my favourite comparison is speaker power. It's not necessarily the power it's what it does with it and how

Here's the thing, 9/10 shows we do, the crowd is within 300yards of the laser, and in that distance, large beams kick a$$. That's why those sharpies are so favored right now by LD's. They have a larger diameter beam, which picks up more particulates aka fog, and look really bright because of it, same with our lasers. Now if we were doing shows where the crowd was 1 mile away from the lasers, yes, a smaller beam will look brighter, but we aren't doing shows for people 1 mile away so we are ok with slightly larger beams. I was just looking at the Lightspace specs, and their beam on their 28watt is 6mm, and it looks like everyone is happy with that, my beam is 1mm larger, yet 16watts more powerful. The Kvant 40 has a 5mm beam, so 2mm smaller than mine, but I wouldn't have even been able to buy one of them for the $$$ it cost to built all 4 of mine. Not to mention that my projector is 25lbs lighter than the Kvant 40 and also a lot smaller, which is strange because I use a 1/2" base for the optics.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    It's a little bit of a waste chasing higher and higher powers systems with all these diodes; as 9/10 the beam just gets bigger and bigger, as there's a relatively fixed power density you can achieve.