Thread: Music video with lumia now on Youtube

Default Music video with lumia now on Youtube

Greetings, all;

We just finished up a project that involved gobs of lumia shining on a young singer. Some conventional beam fx and astronomical video from a projector as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo7_jlhUQIo

You may recognize my lunchbox graphics projector from the thread at:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Wonder-(LLBOW)

Here it serves as a sort of prop transporting you from the boring black and white world to colorful laserlandia.

AFAIK, this is the first music video that has lumia - anybody know of any others?

Thanks...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by clickamouse View Post
    Greetings, all;

We just finished up a project that involved gobs of lumia shining on a young singer. Some conventional beam fx and astronomical video from a projector as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo7_jlhUQIo

You may recognize my lunchbox graphics projector from the thread at:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Wonder-(LLBOW)

Here it serves as a sort of prop transporting you from the boring black and white world to colorful laserlandia.

AFAIK, this is the first music video that has lumia - anybody know of any others?

Thanks...Mike
    cool mike!

here's a def leppard video with lumia:

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Ah, thanks Chris. Looks like Laserium in LA at the Griffith Planetarium. Hard to compete with that.

OK, ours is the first music video with lumia featuring a girl singer shot in my basement studio... ;-)
    How's that?

Cheers...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by clickamouse View Post
    Ah, thanks Chris. Looks like Laserium in LA at the Griffith Planetarium. Hard to compete with that.

OK, ours is the first music video with lumia featuring a girl singer shot in my basement studio... ;-)
    How's that?

Cheers...Mike
    your video was awesome.. it looked like maybe you had lumia behind and in front of her (to keep it off her face) or was that just compositing?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Yup, projected mostly behind her, augmented by very carefully aimed lumia on her dress. A lot of effort went into keeping it off of her face.
    She was fully coached as to how to interact with the lasers, and a hand was over the E-stop switch the entire time to prevent accidental exposure.

Glad you liked it!

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Ha this was awesome, I didn't realize it was the lunchbox projector ha. Well done

WoW....Another first. I am becoming more and more mesmerized by Lumia. I have been to " La Source Lumia ".....were Mike envisions, then builds the machines that warp the photons into unearthly and ethereal whispers of light.

His latest work is " Gary Garcia level " mind numbing !!! I was staring at the Astral Plane of un Photon gambiller ....when it hit me....where in nature had I seen a similar display....SOLAR PROMINENCE.....see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_prominence. See you now below....my " Theory de Lumina "
    Art....when distilled down and down ....and down is pattern recognition....And the patterns displayed by Mike's work....well....they would bring a tear to the eye of Timothy Leary !!!. The most impactful displays....are almost always somehow connected with patterns seen in nature. I speculate...that these natural patterns....as seen in Lumia....unfolded before our eyes....somehow connect with the human subconscious....and it is in that connection we resonate with nature.....I call it Visual Gregorian Chant.....That is what Lumia is like !!!
    And.....as with audio chant....the patterns repeat....and repeat....but....have extremely subtle changes....changes that we struggle to recognize....yet patterns so completely hypnotizing !!! Pattern evolution that rivets our attention....but does not tax our higher brain functions. So...the same pattern...but....simultaneously...constantly changing....and yet...never boring !!
    It is a theory of mine that this mechanism is in play with Lumia display...in a fundamental way. Take for example the ability of...a log fire....or the waves of the ocean breaking to capture the attention of anyone.... Why is this universally so ???? WHY ??? Well you have my theory....and this then is why I think Lumia...rivets our attention !!
    ( Why....yes....I do wear a tinfoil hat...why do you ask ??? haha.......and....que the violin music from the movie " Young Frankenstein " !! )
    Mike...Please...DO continue to regale us with your adventures....into the yet undiscovered country of Lumia !! Thanx !!!!!
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 01-08-2016 at 17:57. Reason: Yikes...CDBEAM goes'a tip toeing thru the tulips !!Peace out !
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

^^^^ you nailed it, Bob....
    Fire- and the colors it can make-..Brain-engrained by countless hours watching a campfire- etc.

We had two fireplaces in both of my boyhood homes-built by my father-
    He had a friend w/ a 'fireplace' store so we had those greenblue chunks of magic fire light color stuff..
    Josha Light Show at the Doors ('69) at Filmore East blew my mind. Had to have more...
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-