Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kvant Lasers Please help

Default Kvant Lasers Please help

Hi Everyone

I need help choosing a laser for my dj setup
    Its main use is for graphics and Text with Pangolin Quickshow
    I was considering getting the Kvant Clubmax 1800
    Most of the venues i work at hold about 300 people

Theres not much other choice here in the UK other than Laserworld ( Swisslas ) and Kvant

Please help if you can

Paul

Hi Ryan

Are you based in the USA?
    I am in England?

Paul

Hi again

At the moment i am using Pangolin quickshow with a laserworld RGB 700 laser
    I have really got to grips with QS and find that the laser although good to start with, is struggling with some of the shows i make
    Basically most of the venues i go to hold no more than 300 people
    What i need is something a more powerful but not blinding ( hence my thoughts on the Clubmax 1800 )
    I need to be able to write clear text as well as i generally use it to write names and weddings etc
    I also use a lot of dancer graphics

Would i really be saving much buying from you after shipping and import duty tax to the UK?
    I did call Martin today at Kvant in the UK and have been quoted a price

Regards Paul

Paul, also give Rob StanWax Laser a shout. I think he's still making rather nice little units...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Hi Paul,

Feel free to drop me an email with your details and I will give you a call tomorrow and we can discuss your needs. We have some interesting pricing on the RTI units at the moment where the prices slightly cross over with Swisslas so you might be suprised just what your budget could get you at the moment.

LM@laserworld.com

I am based in Manchester and have demo units you would be able to try to see what suits your needs.

Cheers,
    Lee

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeMacfarlane View Post
    Hi Paul,

Feel free to drop me an email with your details and I will give you a call tomorrow and we can discuss your needs. We have some interesting pricing on the RTI units at the moment where the prices slightly cross over with Swisslas so you might be suprised just what your budget could get you at the moment.

LM@laserworld.com

I am based in Manchester and have demo units you would be able to try to see what suits your needs.

Cheers,
    Lee
    i can attest that those little RTI projectors are quite nice and *very* compact.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i can attest that those little RTI projectors are quite nice and *very* compact.
    The smallest are the RTI Atto, without checking to be exact I think they are smaller than any of the equivalent power units in our range and as always with the RTI stuff the quality is outstanding.

I am now considering the RTI Atto 2.2 Laser
    My only concern is they are sold by Laserworld and some threads on this site give Laserworld a bad name
    Any thoughts before i buy would be helpful

Paul

Although the post has now disappeared I would like to comment on the last post from a personal stand point. Alot of companies state "Total Typical Power" and "Guarenteed Power at aperture" making them completely transparent. The "Atto 2.2" is a name not a stat and by having a Guarantee they are saying that from a legal standpoint all of our lasers have a guaranteed power and if they do not hit that mark we will happily take the laser back and replace it. By saying total typical power they are saying it will typically run at that power so if it does cool you got free power but if not you got the power they guaranteed you would get.

All of this that you see where people are badmouthing Laserworld is because when the company was younger it was just a Chinese importer on the retail end and needless to say there are breakages and returns with Chinese products at the retail end of the market. Years down the line they now have an extremely successful quality control procedure and if volume of sales is anything to go by we have thousands of very happy customers out there and if someone is unhappy I am sat by my phone 9-5 to talk to them and come to a solution and if anyone reading this has had to call me for anything I don't doubt we had a laugh and got you sorted. There is a growing network internationally of service centers to deal with any returns or repairs that do arise. and all that being said is just the retail side. The Pro products Swisslas, RTI, HB-laser and Tarm speak for themselves with pro quality, excellent support (if I do say so myself ;P) you more often than not get a whole lot more than you pay for. All personal opinion of course but the Laserworld bashing gets tiresome when unfounded.

as mentioned make your own mind up when you have the demo unit to play with (safely)

Hi All

Thank you for everyones help with my purchase
    I ended up going for the Kvant Clubmax 1800 and a Pangolin disco scan lens
    Just got to wait for it to be shipped over to me in the UK

Paul