Thread: 8°F and the furnace died - time for the Argon?

Default 8°F and the furnace died - time for the Argon?

Very cold here last night, it hit 8°F and I awoke to find the furnace off. I managed to get some space heaters from wally world, and the landlord got someone over here to look at it and he got it working for a while, but then it died again (needs a new fan motor).

Ironically, I've been putting the studio back together in anticipation of the new projector, but I considered digging out an old air-cooled argon or two to make things toasty again. It was actually my backup plan if they were out of space heaters. I'd probably go do it, but I don't think there is enough power in this room. I'm glad I decided to put the studio upstairs, but I might have been able to run that beast had I put it downstairs.

Thinking like a laserist...huddling around a HeNe.

Run the exhuast under the blanket to keep warm.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
    Run the exhuast under the blanket to keep warm.
    "dutch argon"

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

lol. I thought about mentioning something about a "dutch oven."

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
    lol. I thought about mentioning something about a "dutch oven."
    i'm glad i could step up for you.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Yeah, that was brilliant...and somewhat disturbing.

That's a new use for a laser, oddly one of my backup plans for heat is a color tv from 1961, it has over 20 vacuum tubes and heats the room.
    a few years ago i have my furnace die and it was about 33 inside and i have pet reptiles and almost lost one, she decided to sleep on the unheated section, i had to slip her under my jacket and shirt to warm her up, talk about a shock to my system putting something that cold on my bare chest but thankfully she came back to life, wiggled a bit then fell back to sleep. I have since added heat to that side and have a gas heater just just in case that runs on propane
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Lol my heat went out on a single digit day back in 2004. I most definitely pulled out the ALC68 and warmed half the house to an acceptable temperature