Thread: spaceX landed there booster

Default spaceX landed there booster

I thought this was cool as hell.
    SpaceX finally was successful in landing the lower stage of there rocket back on solid ground, looks like something straight out of a sci fi movie

http://www.businessinsider.com/space...-falcon-2016-1
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

I wonder How much it costs for the extra fuel and re-prepping it for the next launch vs just building another 1st stage without all the stuff required to "land" it.. Not only do you need the fuel for the decent, you need extra fuel to help lift that fuel off the ground.

in a past video from them, they claim that it is a lot cheaper to rebuild the lower stage then building a whole new one, remember NASA has always done that with the solid fuel boosters, they recovered them and rebuilt them. I guess we will see if this experiment pans out for them. i think this is the first time any one has successfully landed a rocket in this way, thats what has me interested, it's cool watching it
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Thats a special kind of magic.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
    I wonder How much it costs for the extra fuel and re-prepping it for the next launch vs just building another 1st stage without all the stuff required to "land" it.. Not only do you need the fuel for the decent, you need extra fuel to help lift that fuel off the ground.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.