Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2016?

Default SELEM 2016?

Hi Everyone,
    I was wondering if there was any news on plans for SELEM?
    Thanks

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Buffo may not have seen this yet but, to help answer your question, it is tentatively planned for August 9th-14th. The 9th is basically just a load in/set up day for most of the infrastructure and things will start ramping up on Wednesday and run through late Saturday night. Sunday the 14th will be predominately a breakdown day.
    An official SELEM 10 thread has not been able to be started but, hopefully will be able to be posted soon. There are some crucial details still being worked out with the venue and the school board that absolutely need to be solidified before anything can be made official. The school board meets tonight (3/21) so, hopefully after that meeting, more will be able to revealed.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

9-14 would be good for me. the weekend after would be near impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Buffo may not have seen this yet but, to help answer your question, it is tentatively planned for August 9th-14th. The 9th is basically just a load in/set up day for most of the infrastructure and things will start ramping up on Wednesday and run through late Saturday night. Sunday the 14th will be predominately a breakdown day.
    An official SELEM 10 thread has not been able to be started but, hopefully will be able to be posted soon. There are some crucial details still being worked out with the venue and the school board that absolutely need to be solidified before anything can be made official. The school board meets tonight (3/21) so, hopefully after that meeting, more will be able to revealed.

Thanks for jumping in, Brad! I missed this thread yesterday.

The good news is that the budget issues between the school board and the Auditorium have been resolved in our favor, so SELEM 10 is officially on for August 9th through the 14th in Newton, North Carolina. I will be starting a fresh thread to discuss SELEM in the meet and greet sub-form shortly.

The short version is this: We have added an extra day to the event (YAY!) and we have also added another display area (the gymnasium across from the cafeteria) to accommodate even more equipment (double YAY!) this year. Unfortunately, this will require an increase in the registration fee. (Boo!) But it won't be a huge increase. Right now it's looking like an increase of about 25 bucks or so, but I need to run the numbers again before I commit.

But the dates are locked-in and set in stone. So book your hotels, schedule your time off, and buy your plane tickets, because SELEM 2016 is definitely happening from Tuesday, August 9th, through Sunday, August 14th!

See you all there!

Adam

PS: For those of you wondering, the budget issues were a *huge* sticking point this year and they only JUST got resolved late last night with the most recent meeting of the Newton School Board. Thankfully the mayor of the town (Anne Stedman, who also owns the most popular bed-and-breakfast in the area) was able to intervene on behalf of our group and talk some sense into the bean-counters. They have decided in our favor, as I learned just a few hours ago, so because of that we are GO for SELEM this year in Newton. Now I just need a week's vacation to decompress from all the stress this has caused me.

I'm now triple booked this week/weekend. Trying very hard to figure out the how, but this year I may only appear for a brief time, and without gear. I'm bummed.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    I'm now triple booked this week/weekend. Trying very hard to figure out the how, but this year I may only appear for a brief time, and without gear. I'm bummed.
    Damn... that sucks. But, at least that makes me a touch bit less guilty about the unintended Trotthouse "steal the room out from under you" mistake.
    PM Sent...

Got it on my calendar!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Damn... that sucks. But, at least that makes me a touch bit less guilty about the unintended Trotthouse "steal the room out from under you" mistake.
    I was about to suggest that the reason Rick is triple-booked is because he wants revenge for us stealing his room at the Trotthouse!

Really sorry to hear this, Rick. Hope you can manage to make a quick trip - even it it is without equipment - just to hang with us. It's going to be a great event!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Got it on my calendar!
    Awesome! I should be ready to post the official thread in a week or so...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I was about to suggest that the reason Rick is triple-booked is because he wants revenge for us stealing his room at the Trotthouse!

Adam
    us? US? You were in on it?! THAT'S IT! I'm renting the whole place next year. Maybe I'll keep a suitcase in your room

Thanks Brad for the first response.
    Thanks Buffo for all the hard work.
    I'm filling in the calender's boxes now. I'm looking forward to it.