Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RGB scanner - os this a good deal

One of the pics is clearly an argon (or argon/krypton) laser beam being diffracted by what seems to be a starburst grating.

Quite ironic that he points out in the blurb how much brighter DPSS are than gas lasers
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

The same seller has a listing for a pair of 45k galvos that ends the next couple of hours and price has only gone up to $102. Somebody here might want to give that a thought.

same pics though....

Dave suggested it may be a Neo unit. A lot of chinese manufacturers copy Neo , cos they make good lasers ( plug plug )It's actually not a Neo unit, but from Yagang , or it appears to be. Laserworld source a lot of their lasers from yagang ( Silver Star ) and rebadge them. Some may be just cases they get from Yagang that they fit diodes and scanners into.

Have a look at laserworlds ebay shop and compare to http://www.yagang.com/en/product_ser...d=3&seriesid=3 and http://www.yagang.com/en/product_ser...d=3&seriesid=4

Just the power ratings that change. Yagang will fit whatever diodes you want , as long as the case is big enough. They must have upgraded the scanners too, as I have never had any scanners from Silver Star that would do the 45kpps advertised. Pity they don't tell you more details on how they get to 45kpps ! They are pretty good though. Seems a reasonable to me , as long as its stays low!

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    The listing states that it supports analog modulation, and the pictures seem to confirm this, though like Dave and Dr. Laser I think some of the pictures were taken with a more powerfull laser.

Still, it does look like a nice kit. And the software looks a *LOT* like Mamba... Interesting. I'm going to watch that auction just to see where it tops out at. (Wonder how much they're asking for the DAC and the software alone?)

One thing bothers me though. Some of the frames you see displayed in the pictures in the listing are from the "1999" show that comes with Pangolin. Did they release that show into the public domain? If not, then either the pictures were taken while they were running a Pangolin-based projector, which is dishonest since they're selling something different, or they're distributing copywrited Pangolin content, which is illegal. Either way, something is fishy...

Adam
    The software is identical to older Mamba software.

The graphic displays look like stock photo's to me, and are Pangolin images. Yagang have already had their wrists severely slapped for including copyright images in their ITop software, now discontinued. So, they're either very silly, and are doing it again, or the software is not Yagangs, or the images are there to impress you and don't appear in the software !

MMMmmmmmm!

Fluff
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    just wondering:

the DAC looks a lot like the Lumax.de DAC.

the software looks a lot like Mamba.

Didn't the mamba programmer just leave Medialas, I think I read that on PL not too long ago.. Good chance he started this business... ???

You can ask the seller what make lasers they put in there.
    Zoof.

Yagang source their diodes from CNI. This happened about six months ago. This isn't to say that the projector has CNI Inside ( I feel an jingle coming on ! ), just that it could have! Most of the diodes prior to the switch to CNI were crap. I have some of them . I have a 120mW green that measures 918mW on my meter. Scary stuff !!

Fluff
    www.rocknite.co.uk

wow this turned out to be popular, i was expecting a few, its poo posts and thats it LOL

so the general view is, if it stays at a low price its not to bad?

like under £500
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Andy

If it does what it says on the tin , It should be good value at £ 1000 . Software and dacs aren't cheap, so as a bundle it looks good to me. Only if it works though !

The images would worry me though, looks like well tuned cti's used rather than cheaper units. they look too good to be true.

Fluff
    www.rocknite.co.uk

i see, ill stick to building my dt40's then LOL
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat