Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGB scanner - os this a good deal

Default RGB scanner - os this a good deal

saw this on ebay and it seems pretty good.

what do you think???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Laserworld-PRO...QQcmdZViewItem
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Lightbulb

I'm not sure it would be that good of a deal for me... but it might be for you. I like the housing. I didn't see if it was ttl or analog. It did come with a DAC and software.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Looks quite nice - however those photos are of a laser much more powerful than 300mw
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Looks quite nice - however those photos are of a laser much more powerful than 300mw
    About the watt!
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

just wondering:

the DAC looks a lot like the Lumax.de DAC.

the software looks a lot like Mamba.

Didn't the mamba programmer just leave Medialas, I think I read that on PL not too long ago.. Good chance he started this business... ???

You can ask the seller what make lasers they put in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    You can ask the seller what make lasers they put in there.
    The laser looks suspiciously like a neo product.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Cool

The listing states that it supports analog modulation, and the pictures seem to confirm this, though like Dave and Dr. Laser I think some of the pictures were taken with a more powerfull laser.

Still, it does look like a nice kit. And the software looks a *LOT* like Mamba... Interesting. I'm going to watch that auction just to see where it tops out at. (Wonder how much they're asking for the DAC and the software alone?)

One thing bothers me though. Some of the frames you see displayed in the pictures in the listing are from the "1999" show that comes with Pangolin. Did they release that show into the public domain? If not, then either the pictures were taken while they were running a Pangolin-based projector, which is dishonest since they're selling something different, or they're distributing copywrited Pangolin content, which is illegal. Either way, something is fishy...

Adam

I'm also watching this one just to see where it goes. Fishy or not, the seller is German and states in german (as far as I understand it) at the bottom that you can return the goods without any reason if you're not satisfied. Looking at his feedback score all his customers were either satisfied or got their money back.

It can go like this:
    customer: the projector is not nearly as bright as the pictures
    seller: no it is only 300mW
    customer: oh, I thought these pics were from this laser
    seller: if you don't like it return it to me, you will get a refund.
    customer: uh oh well uh.... (is either keeping it and lost right to complain or returns it)

Smile

Hi Zoof!

Well, anyone that has played with lasers for a while will know what a 300 mw projector will be capable of, so the pictures really shouldn't fool anyone here. And if the ending price ends up being something reasonable for that power level, then it's a good deal in my book regardless of what the pictures show.

I just don't like it when E-bay sellers post pictures in their ad that don't accurately reflect the product they're selling. My guess is that the seller has other laser hardware, including a Pangolin setup, and decided to include some nice pictures to "spruce up" his listing. But as a buyer I'd be pissed if I didn't at least get all the frames that he showed in the listing. It's a minor thing, but honesty seems to be in short supply on E-bay these days. Well, maybe that's unfair. The listing does say that you can return it, so maybe this guy is on the level. But I'm still a bit uncomfortable. (Fortunately, I'm not bidding on it!)

Considering that the F2000 units can be had for around $1500 with the same power output (but slower galvos, only TTL modulation, and no DAC), I'd say that this system should go for at least $2000. Maybe even more. But like you, I'm curious as to where it will actually end up.

Adam

yeah I agree. But that's the world we live in. This is just the ebay variant of advertisement and marketing. If I look at all the overpriced stuff we need to buy as consumers just because of marketing and advertisement costs it makes me sad. (and wish I could save some of that money to buy a really cool laser in the watt range )