Thread: Impressive Free Alternative to Emulaser

Default Impressive Free Alternative to Emulaser

Apologies if posted before, but whilst looking for something else, I came across this - Beamer Music to Light.

Output is very impressive, maybe even more so that Emulaser and it's free. There is one catch though, I understand it's only available with German language dialogues.

Do you have a working copy? I had a copy years ago but it was corrupted and didn't work… I would love to get a working copy of it if possible.

That looked quite smart - google pointed me straight at http://www.musicbeam.org/

they say those other projects got cancelled, but theirs seems active and in english - apparently the best software ever! gotta be preferable to the Dodgy Disco DJ's pointing a few watts at an unsuspecting crowd
    Dynamics/EasyLase LC/FD820/RGB 400mW Homebrew w/EMS4ks

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Do you have a working copy? I had a copy years ago but it was corrupted and didn't work… I would love to get a working copy of it if possible.
    There are some links here to a working download and an update file.

I can't comment on the safety or whether the downloaded program itself works.

http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsf...pic.php?t=2065

how does this work? does it use a sound card dac or something different?
    i have been looking for something that inputs audio and responds accordingly, i display on my ceiling with just open loop galvo's fed from a small car amp that generates the differential output so it it's a lisajue, i do use a mini dsp to to alter the output some but i do have a ilda projector running just one color right now.
    damn it looks like it uses a video projector and mine is missing the cable to connect it to a computer
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

I believe it's a stand alone program on the pc, probably uses either the pc's own soundcard playback or a pc connected microphone (webcam etc) to pickup the sound if external. From there I presume just like Emulaser, you're just sending a projection image to the projector over USB from the program, the smoke does the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    There are some links here to a working download and an update file.

I can't comment on the safety or whether the downloaded program itself works.

http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsf...pic.php?t=2065
    Hi, unluckly the installer file is blocked by my antivirus, it contains something not good.. but the exe zip works (it complains a bit about the missing installer). This project still on german version?
    The files in .zip are updated at 2009, no version reported, I read there is a 0.66 out, maybe is more recent than this?

It looks like there is a version for Raspberry which works better then Windows one here: https://forum.dmxcontrol-projects.or...read/&pageNo=1

The windows version keeps the virus inside, I asked for clarify