Thread: Hello again

Default Hello again

Hello

I just popped in on a visit, my Spec how busy is this place now ?

Hey Marconi, are you still arround ? I got my ham licence too now (M0EDI), got a bigger laser collection too.

Not been doing much, sleep - work - eat & drink - repeat, but have got some really nice new toys, I will put something up soon.

Speak to you soon.

Gold....

OMFG

Welcome back dude..we missed you
    congrats on the ham ticket
    Let me know what bands you hang out at..maybe we could chat
    I mostly do 10mtrs but could fashion up something for another band
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Thumbs up

Hi Mate

Good to type to you.

Passed the UK ham tests back over 20 years ago....... Only sent off the stuff last year, so I got the full ticket. Got a FT897, ICOM706, VFO QRP operation on 80m (1 watt home brew) and some other Home brew stuff in the offing.

Just popped back on PL and £$%& me, this place got busy ? How is everyone, there too many posts to go through to see whos here still.

Nice to see Maxyz madules still has 100% Ebay feedback, man you must have had to bit your lip a few times. Whats the max power on your reds these days ? Doing anything else laserwise ?

Hope everythings OK with you and the cats

Gold

Very Cool,.
    Ive got a IC706 as well..It was in the truck a few years ago..but now sitting on the shelf.
    I have been thinking about using it to set-up a station at the transmitter site I take care of. I need to consider using my tri-band trap vertical (10-15-20) or my tribander which has been on the ground for about 10yrs.
    My home station is a mess since a few storms (hurricanes) took out my towers..I have not done much to get them operational, so thats why the idea of the transmitter set-up..now-a-days thats pretty-much where I spend my working time plus some..Like this weekend I had to stay and fix generator issues.
    For 75 I was thinking of shunt-feeding one of the big towers (1400ft).
    but Im sure the guy wires will give me a fit. So a sloper will prolly be the way to go..of course aimed NE towards Europe.
    I need to get back on the air..been a Ham since I was 8, that'l give you an idea how long Ive been around. worked lotsa HF in the 70's and 80's but really enjoy VHF,UHF and microwave the best. But as friends either passed or just disappeared , so did my activity.
    Well. Im glad your back..Maxy will be over tonite so will tell her about you and yours.. Yeah, we do the best we can when time permits..only one of me to go around.

We are up to 450mW duals and a 900mW quad is in the works.
    Still have the single 250's tho , they're still very popular.

Yeah man, you need to find some time and go thru this board..A ton of new stuff on here as well as some new faces..a really kewl bunch here now.
    And a whale of information to be had.
    Spec is still busy moving..I hadnt talked to him in a while but expect him back soon.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Hey Chuck

You seem to have more ariel hardware at your disposal than me. Fingers crossed when HF hots up we can arrange a chat. Do you operate on CW much ?

When you come accross a "sweet" 250mw, let me know how much I owe you, I have 2 of yours here at the moment so that will make 3.

My mates over from Australia at the moment and I am giving him my 250mw 532 as a pressie, together with my surefire (its his 50th). That means I can go for another laser(s) to replace, I must send you the PICs of the YAG we got going, its ex mil. and quite well put together.

I am gald I am back on the board and I will stay in touch. I drifted away partly because of all the £$%^ that I went though with the murder, but its good to be back.

Regards to Maxy, cats etc.

Gold

Glad to see you back....share some pix ! Marconi's lasers are just rock solid. Couldn't get one better from what I see. Laser technology seems to be leaping ahead and some prices are getting a little more reasonable.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich