Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I have some QS to sell

I probably also got one of those counterfeit from Goldenstar. Shipped with blue cable. Thought it was a little strange back then, as the cable seem to be used, but since the FB3 itself was looking brand new i did`nt bother. Can`t really remember exactly when i got it, but it have served me good so far. It was no problem getting the serial registered at Pangolin, and later the same FB3 have been upgraded with an Beyond License.

So..if Pangolin have accepted the FB3 serial, and later have accepted this serial when purchasing the beyond License, and all the time knowing i own a counterfeit product.

I feel that Pangolin have failed at least two times here.
    First time accepting registering the serial, and second when accepting my money for the Beyond license.

Dealing with this at once with Goldenstar when registering the product would probably have led to a smooth solution, but after such a long time, the matter is quite different.

I`m probably not the only one, sitting here feeling misled by Pangolin for not sharing important information at an earlier stage.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

I have already emailed Pangolin about mine although, reading this now, I may be in the clear with a legit product. I bought 2 years ago from Saifer Song at TopicLight so, I am hoping it's legit. Song normally has a good reputation here.

I don't see any wrongdoing on Pangolin's part. Perhaps it should have come up about the serial number for that particular device but you still own the license for Beyond, even if the product is not genuine. I am 110% sure that Pangolin will back that license so, you didn't waste money on the license, just the product which in this case, some unscrupulous vendor sold you. Regardless of whether Pangolin found the serial number fake or not, you'd still have a counterfeit device and chances are, if a vendor is that shady, you'd be stuck with it anyway.
    Last edited by absolom7691; 03-29-2016 at 13:14.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Can you please do us a favor and post the cloned numbers that you have found? This will be the easiest way to figure out who is selling the cloned units, and people can verify if they have a genuine FB3 or a cloned one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    By the way, I saw the other thread too. As far as I know, the counterfeit only came onto the market either the middle of last year or toward the end of last year. It's hard for us to tell right now, but I'd say October. Something like that. It might have been August. But I am unaware of anything much earlier than that. So if you purchased "years ago" you might be safe. The blue USB cable bothers me though... Obviously Pangolin includes USB cables in the package. There should be no need for someone to remove the cable we supply and include one of their own.

If you contact me directly by email, and give me the serial number, I will check it out. Like I said -- we have a record of every serial number and where it was shipped. If you say you purchased from Saifer Song and the serial number is one that we shipped to Dirk Gantefort in Germany, well, that's going to look suspicious as hell...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    One of mine also came with a blue USB cable. I don't remember if the media was burned or stamped. I got mine from Song though, not Goldenstar.

Can we email Pangolin with the serial number to find out if they are real?
    I get it from Pangolin GZ office. If it is not a original one, then it is Pangolin management problem then. And also I have been cheated.
    Also Pangolin GZ office tell me that the cable and the package made in China.

Thank you!
    Song
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    I get it from Pangolin GZ office. If it is not a original one, then it is Pangolin management problem then. And also I have been cheated.
    Also Pangolin GZ office tell me that the cable and the package made in China.

Thank you!
    Song
    Song, I hope my post didn't seem like I was accusing you of cheating me. I was mainly trying to state that I didn't get my FB3 from Goldenstar like the others did. I also said later that you have a good reputation here (that's why I purchased from you!). Hopefully this all gets cleared up.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Song, I hope my post didn't seem like I was accusing you of cheating me. I was mainly trying to state that I didn't get my FB3 from Goldenstar like the others did. I also said later that you have a good reputation here (that's why I purchased from you!). Hopefully this all gets cleared up.
    Got you!

And all of the QS that I have sold are from Pangolin GZ.

Song
    L.A.S.E.R.

www.laser-viva.com

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Forgive my ignorance but what is Pangolin GZ? I also think, based only on what I have seen, that Saifer is regarded as a good seller. I've never purchased from him. I do know that what I have heard is that it is often less expensive getting Quickshow through some Asian outlets because they have bought Quickshow in such large quantities that they get them for a much better price and will sell them with a much lower mark up that some other dealers around the world. If for example XYZ Laser in Germany buys 50 for resale and ABC Laser in China is buying 1000 for resale, who do you think is going to get... and have... a lower (and perhaps appear suspiciously much lower) price for resale?
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but what is Pangolin GZ? I also think, based only on what I have seen, that Saifer is regarded as a good seller. I've never purchased from him. I do know that what I have heard is that it is often less expensive getting Quickshow through some Asian outlets because they have bought Quickshow in such large quantities that they get them for a much better price and will sell them with a much lower mark up that some other dealers around the world. If for example XYZ Laser in Germany buys 50 for resale and ABC Laser in China is buying 1000 for resale, who do you think is going to get... and have... a lower (and perhaps appear suspiciously much lower) price for resale?
    Pangolin has an office in Guangzhou city, so I call it Pangolin GZ....
    L.A.S.E.R.

www.laser-viva.com

Guys,

As far as we know, Song is an upstanding citizen.

Also, as far as we know, these particular counterfeit units came on the market sometime in the August - October 2015 time frame. Something like that.

It's impossible for us to publish the cloned serial numbers because so far we don't know them all. (Also, it appears as though they are not cloning them sequentially.) Plus, by not publishing, it could be an advantage for us to find the guy. I have every idea that once this thread is seen, they will change their USB cable (although all previously sold ones will still be suspicious).

Nevertheless, the serial number is not the only aspect of this. We'll have to see what develops...

Bill

Hi while i don't own pangolin hardware/software - I am willing to offer some ideas.
    Would it be worth changing the packaging and dac case finish to include 'design marks' not easily copied?
    An Authentication key ie: the dac has the serial and a separate pass/boot key is needed to operate? One key could be changed regularly by the pangolin team?
    Is this practical?
    A further solution might be, when a DAC is sold the purchase must be first authenticated by Pangolin to activate the FB3 (cipher key) and again when registering the software. I am unsure of the logistics involved in this approach.
    Regarding publishing the serial numbers. I am not sure how the serial number is embed (chip? eprom?) but releasing the serial numbers would be a strategic weakness and the cloners would just change tact to non banned serials.