Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High power UV

Default High power UV

http://hklight.en.alibaba.com/produc...infection.html#!

There you go. 7w 265nm 15.00. Forget my research idea. Its here. Now I just need to figure how to deliver it to the water column. INSTANT sunburn.

Don't forget to copy the #! at the end or it will not work. Group buy anyone? Doing make you sign a waiver if you order for damage to yourself.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that's equal parts scary and awesome.

from another site:

CAUTION, UV LIGHT: These devices emit high intensity ultraviolet (UV) light, which is harmful to skin, eyes, and may cause cancer. Avoid exposure to UV light, use protective glasses and cover your skin.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Let me know when you order a few, grab one or two for me, and we will proceed to the secret lair in Medina (no passport needed!, THAT OTHER MEDINA.) where my full size mill hides...
    Aluminum is easy. O-ring grooves are easy...Quartz tubing or windows, easy.
    My interest is field sterilization of water for me..
    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

re read the cut sheet . I think they lied about the 7w. More like 7mw.

Yes, the mW is peppered throughout the page and the 7W only once. Also, at that wavelength 7W would be a huge step up from the current state of the art. Damn!

I wonder how well that would work for my florescent rock collection, .7mw may not be enough power though, my current UVC light is more like 15 watts, my filter glass is old for it so it probably passes a lot less but still works, it will toast the outer layer of your peepers quite well though ironically my doctor calls that Uveitis, some idiot at a thrift store had a UVC light in a desk lamp and i was stupid enough to look at it, only for a second but that's all it took. The filter glass i use is not cheap though for that normal size florescent lamp length the filter glass was almost 150 bucks. what would be neat is if that led was only 275nm then there would be no need for the expensive filter
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Try 405nm. You may not need shorter

... I'm using 405nm-LED's for hardening UV-curing pastes - it's good for fluorescence too, but it's pretty good visible -- maybe he needs 'invisible' UV light?

Viktor

Then move to the 300nm range. Point is no uvb or uvc is safer

no, the minerals that i have only respond to UVC, some will fluoresce at UVB and UVA but the colors will either be different or much weaker or not at all.
    this is under a UVC source i built my self with Hoya filter glass and a germicidal UVC lamp, the original box i built uses a plexiglass shield over the front and the light suspended by chain just out of view http://uvsystems.com/store/home.php has more info and they sell the special filter glass believe me if there was a safer alternative i would use it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6100121.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	372.5 KB 
ID:	49755

I just got in some 365nm no name leds from fleabay http://www.ebay.com/itm/251647264719...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT that do fluoresce some of them and the output from the leds is much better then i had expected, i am going to use them as a replacement for my UVA light source

Name:	DSC03469.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	49756
    and with one led at 700ma the source is 8 feet away and the shutter time is 2 seconds with an F stop of about F2, the led is 365nm

Name:	DSC03463.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	49757
    Last edited by Draco; 04-09-2016 at 00:52.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu