Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: AOM and Driver, G120DT scanners with amp and SERIOUS mount

Default For Sale: AOM and Driver, G120DT scanners with amp and SERIOUS mount

Link to photos is at the end of this post.

* 80mW Red laser diode with Die4Laser analog driver. $100.
    http://www.die4laser.com/dvd-rec/Die4Drive.htm

* Isomet 1205C-2 AOM with 232A-1 driver. I believe the driver does analog modulation up into the megahertz range. Both in really good condition. Good if you're using a gas laser or a cheap laser that has slow and/or only TTL modulation. I'll throw in a free (old) Isomet 1201C-1 AOM for you to experiment with. $100
    I also have a second AOM/Driver set that I might be willing to part with if the price is right. (But I'd rather not, in case a big gas laser comes my way...)

* Coherent C315M Laser Controller. No head. $300. *SOLD*

* General Scanning G120DT closed-loop scanners in an ultra-heavy duty (1 inch thick aluminum base-plate supporting the scanners in what looks like a cast 1/2" thick mount) mount. Genuine Made In America scanners, the workhorse of the laser show industry for decades. Really tough and well engineered. Just the thing for a professional beam-show scanner -- the mirrors are a fair bit bigger than the mirrors on my Chinese scanners, and I think these things will last a whole lot longer.

Includes a Laser Fantasy three-channel scan amplifier that needs one of the opamps replaced if you want to use all 3 channels. The necessary replacement opamp is included. (I never got around to replacing it, which is why I never used either the G120s or the amp.) -- NOTE that you almost certainly don't need to replace the opamp! The Laser Fantasy is a 3-channel amp and 2 I believe are working fine. The third channel is only necessary if you are using scanner blanking (instead of an AOM or a laser with internal blanking).

$250 OBO. (I paid $350+)

Photos!
    http://www.ericschmiedl.com/upload/laser-sale/
    High-resolution images:
    http://www.ericschmiedl.com/upload/laser-sale/fullres/
    Last edited by eric343; 06-24-2007 at 01:15.

I'm interested in your stuff. Could you post some photos?
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Added the 80mw red diode/driver and C315M controller.

The C315M controller is sold.

Also, I realized something... The Laser Fantasy scan amp is almost certainly good-to-go with the G120DTs, provided your laser has built-in blanking or you use an AOM. The Laser Fantasy is a 3-channel amp and 2 I believe are working fine. The third channel is only necessary if you are using scanner blanking (instead of an AOM or a laser with internal blanking).
    Last edited by eric343; 06-24-2007 at 01:15.

Could you consider a trade for the scanners and amp?
    CLICKY!!!

I want to pay for some new photo equipment, so I'd rather get cash. You're free to make an offer, of course.

Could I offer you a brand new Wicked Lasers Nexus Laser? It is 95mW and I have personally checked it with a spectrometer to insure no IR is coming out. I would consider that a very fair trade for the scanners and amp. It is $370 new and you could easily get $320 for it on ebay.
    CLICKY!!!

Ben,
    I already have a 200mW module that I bought off someone on PhotonLexicon. So even if I wasn't trying to pay for some camera gear, two lasers and one set of scanners would be no more useful to me than two sets of scanners and one laser

Have you thought about selling the Nexus on eBay (or PL or CPF...) yourself? It sounds like that might really help you get where and what you want.

Best,
    Eric

Default AOM

Hi Eric,

Do you still have the AOM available?

Cheers, Dan.