my answer to gas prices.

2005 Yamaha R6

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hh bike.jpg  

Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

Smile

I've seen those vehicles in person!

The truck is known as "Fast."

The bike is known as "Faster!"

I think you could give DjDevNull a run for his money on your bike, Hayden. (Ever have it up around 160 mph like he did in the video he linked to?)

Damn... You guys do realize that if you hit so much as a rabbit at that speed you'd probably end up in low earth orbit, right.?.

Adam

I just saw that vid. MAN! I have not done 160MPH. I did hit 143MPH. I don't know what the top speed is on the bike, but at 143MPH I had plenty of throttle left. You are right about hitting anything at that speed. If you did, you might not stop until you hit the space station, or something. Actually, I have been faster in th truck

Smile Hayden & DjDevNull = Speed Demons!

*choke* Faster than 143 MPH in the truck?

Jez dude... Where? (That's really hauling ass - especially for a vehicle with such lousy aerodynamics!)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    *choke* Faster than 143 MPH in the truck?

Jez dude... Where? (That's really hauling ass - especially for a vehicle with such lousy aerodynamics!)

I did it in an undisclosed location ;-) I think I got it up to about 155MPH racing an RX7. This was before I added many of the "under the hood goodies". As far as I have heard, the Lightning is drag limited to just under 160MPH.
    Last edited by Hayden; 06-20-2007 at 12:57.

Cool

Ok - ok... Spill it then. Did you beat the RX-7 or not? (And if you didn't win, was that the reason you added all the goodies under the hood? So you'd never loose to another RX-7?)

Just curious - have you ever dyno'd that thing? Got any idea as to how much horsepower you're getting to the wheels? (Gotta be a lot...)

Edit: Limited by drag to 160 mph... Yeah, that figures. It's about as aerodynamic as a brick, so beyond a certain speed you're just not going any faster without a jet engine... (Or a rocket. Hmmmm.)

Adam

I did beat the RX7 twice! My current setup makes 515RWHP and 635RWTQ. This is around 600HP and 715TQ on the motor. I could get more out of it, but I think I need different cams.

EDIT: that is funny! we call them flying bricks...

My top speed with my ZX6R was away from the speed meter I think like 290km/h (181mph)... And it reach that speed very fast (but ok it's quite modified)

So yes, at 142mph you're not to the max

Cool Re: Smokin' fast truck

Hayden:

Good for you for smoking the RX-7's ass! (Damn, I'll bet the RX-7 owner was pissed...)

600 HP and 715 TQ at the engine! That's impressive. Really impressive! You've got a lot more money tied up in that truck than I thought you did! Still, it's a damn nice ride. (Remind me to never challenge you to a race though!)

Sebastien:

You burried the spedometer needle, eh? Cool. Of course, in Europe (well, Germany anyway) there are roads where you can actually make use of at least some of that speed. Over here a speed of 181 mph will get you killed because some dumb ass will pull into the passing lane at 5 MPH below the speed limit, and the next thing you know you're driving right into his back seat.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 06-20-2007 at 13:14.

Dang, back in the early 80s I had a '69 firebird 400 that once hit 160. But it was at 3am on a downhill section of the freeway.

It also got 12mpg in the city. Guess bikes got that beat all around