Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ride motorcycles?

Man o' man... bunch of nut jobs... lol. I feel like the slowpoke over here @ 135 in the M3. Wanted 150, but had to back off to leave enough braking room before catching up to a batch of cars. At least it was nice that the engine was still pulling hard... plenty of headroom left.

As for bikes... gave up riding 3 1/2 years ago after witnessing a quite horrifying car/bike incident. I enjoyed riding, but even before seeing this happen, the fear of getting killed made it not worthwhile overall. Around these parts (L.I.), once you lose that fear, it's just a matter of time. (Edit: Of all things, a Police ambulance almost took me out during my first week of riding!)

The bike is still in the garage, and I'm finally looking to sell it. 1986 Magna VF700 with only 3,600 miles, in case anyone's interested.
    Last edited by PNjunction; 06-24-2007 at 08:15.
    Alas, poor diode. I fried him well.

Does an engine mounted on a Stringray frame count (see avatar)?
    I have had multiple bikes in the past from a KZ750 to an XR650L enduro, but some old bag just about waxed the pavement with me about 2 years ago. I am going to wait until I move out into the country before I buy another one. In the mean time, I can zoom around the block on this thing. It's OK, I have a current geek license.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 102_0270.JPG  

102_0274.JPG  

102_0278.JPG  

Last edited by mikkojay; 07-03-2008 at 10:30. Reason: more pics

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson30 View Post
    Dang, back in the early 80s I had a '69 firebird 400 that once hit 160. But it was at 3am on a downhill section of the freeway.

It also got 12mpg in the city. Guess bikes got that beat all around
    I had a '68 until a few years ago:
    http://members.cox.net/mnorth1a/
    It had a Ford 9" w/3:89 gears so it started screaming at about 110mph, but it did get there fast. It ran a 13.2 in the 1/4 mile while smoking the tires down about the first 1/3 of the track. Gas mileage was probably 8mpg, at least the way I drove. That thing was also a serious cop magnet- they couldn't seem to leave me alone!
    -Mike

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    I have had multiple bikes in the past from a KZ750 to an XR650L enduro, but some old bag just about waxed the pavement with me about 2 years ago. I am going to wait until I move out into the country before I buy another one. In the mean time, I can zoom around the block on this thing. It's OK, I have a current geek license.
    That beast is a lil intimidating... What kind of engine is that?

As of two weeks ago, I have had my bike one full year and put almost exactly 14,000 miles on it during that time. I'm ready to get the 1250ci conversion kit now.

It is like the ones on this website
    I bought my kit on ebay
    My next one will be a 4stroke though, the 2stroke vibrates really bad and sounds a little too much like a chainsaw!
    The exhaust is made from old 10speed handlebars cobbled together, and the pipe is from a Puch moped.
    -Mike
    Last edited by mikkojay; 07-03-2008 at 10:50. Reason: more info

I've got my motorcycle license! But no bike of my own.....

I ride around on my dad's honda vfr 750 every once and a while. Layed it down once when I went to get him new tires, that sucked a bunch. Cold slippery parking lot with new slippery tires do not mix well. Luckly I was going about 5mph.

Barold

Me 2!

I have an old '92 900ccm fireblade since a few years, with now 75.000KM on the clock. Still going top! Best bike I ever had, with the most fun (and danger lol). Before I was more into dirt bikes, got some KTM, a Husquarna LC4, Kawa KX125, and many mopeds before. But since I get older...

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    It definately counts. Can't get the smile out of my face! That thing would really get me into the local MC Back Devils! (just kidding, they have open BBQ events with topless waitress)

Is that frame something you can buy, or selfmade?

Greets Jo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7977.jpg  

IMG_4924.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Phatslug View Post
    Me 2!

Is that frame something you can buy, or selfmade?

Greets Jo
    The frame is a Schwinn Spoiler (another ebay purchase). It is a full sized adult cruiser, cost was about 400 bucks when they first came out a few years ago.
    It is almost as fun to ride as a topless waitress...
    -Mike

Thanks! I'll watch out on ebay for one...must have...

Good weekend!

I had a bike until about a year ago. I decided I didn't want to ride on the street anymore. Just too dangerous. Hopefully I'll be able to get another one soon to play with on the track. Here is my last one: