Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ride motorcycles?

Hello and welcome here, my fellow countryman
    I'm from Switzerland too but I didn't have the chance to live in the warmth of Dubai

I'm a big fan of sportbikes too (I have a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R). Lots of common

Have a good time here

Sebastien

Quote Originally Posted by JRGixxerfreaK1 View Post
    Hi guys!
    gsxr 1000 K1
    still running very healthy :P using a LOR GP exhaust which is Illegal on the road haha
    but the police don't bother bikes at all in Dubai
    Nice ride! Have wanted to get hold of a k1-k2 750-1000 or an older SRAD 750 at some stage, whack a stunt cage on it, get another oil pan if needed and go do wheeeeeelies hehehehe.
    I have seen some pretty funny videos from Dubai! 1000+HP toyota land cruisers beating 1000cc bikes and lamborghinis etc.. hehehehee . What a shock, I hope you have not run into anything like that.

Hey, what's wrong with red! I've got a low-mileage red 2000 BMW R110R, and even though I've been riding over 30 years I just took a course and don't scare myself like I used to!

But the traffic is certainly scarier than ever! Got my first bike when I was a student at the U of I in the farmlands of Champaign Urbana, then moved back to the Windy City and it was not so easy-going. Bike prior to this one was a Suzuki GS550, gave it up when I had kids, but now I got the Beemer, and it can get real terrifying out there with the arrogant SOB's in SUV's, plus all the distracted drivers with their cell phones and texting.

But it is a great mental enema to get out on the open highway, not Interstates but the US routes. I just wish I could do it more often! I don't commute to work not jsut becasue of the above-mentioned a**holes, but they like to charge bikes the same amount for parking as cars, which could be like $20 - $30 in downtown Chicago!

Enjoy yourself but be as paranoid as possible about the other drivers!
    I know what I want and I know how to get it
    I want to destroy passersby! - Sex Pistols

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Hello and welcome here, my fellow countryman
    I'm from Switzerland too but I didn't have the chance to live in the warmth of Dubai

I'm a big fan of sportbikes too (I have a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R). Lots of common

Have a good time here

Sebastien

Gruetzii Sebastian!

thats so cool haha same common here on PL
    which kanton are you from?
    well my home town which I grew up was in Argau Wettingen 5430
    hehe a small population

Well I still miss the swiss weather much much better there
    trust me , here in dubai is wayyy too hot , during peak times it reaches +50 C* no joke haha
    so at this time I rarerly ride my bike during this peak times so I usually ride it like around midnight
    Viel spass in der schweiz noch!
    Gruesse
    Philpp

Soulstorm

Nice ride! Have wanted to get hold of a k1-k2 750-1000 or an older SRAD 750 at some stage, whack a stunt cage on it, get another oil pan if needed and go do wheeeeeelies hehehehe.
    I have seen some pretty funny videos from Dubai! 1000+HP toyota land cruisers beating 1000cc bikes and lamborghinis etc.. hehehehee . What a shock, I hope you have not run into anything like that.
    Thanks! yea the k1-k2 is an awesome old school machine which still performs well today and its fun to ride hehe maybe not against the K8-K9 or r1 etc . k1 k2 is still an awseome stunt machine but i wont do much because im scared that the engine might get oil starvation

Yea the vids you saw are the crazy arabs they are truly crazy and funny, some are arrogand aswell which I dont like the attitude of then istead I show them the attitude on the road because most of them dont know what side mirror or shoulder checks are for

cheers
    Philipp

oh ya !! My dream list !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0209.JPG  

IMG_0248.JPG  

IMG_0210.JPG  

" MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

My baby

Also in racetrim for trackdays
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08737.JPG  

Avavtar.jpg  

juli 2008 159.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by JRGixxerfreaK1 View Post
    Gruetzii Sebastian!

thats so cool haha same common here on PL
    which kanton are you from?
    well my home town which I grew up was in Argau Wettingen 5430
    hehe a small population

Well I still miss the swiss weather much much better there
    trust me , here in dubai is wayyy too hot , during peak times it reaches +50 C* no joke haha
    so at this time I rarerly ride my bike during this peak times so I usually ride it like around midnight
    Viel spass in der schweiz noch!
    Gruesse
    Philpp

Hey Gruetzi Philip!

I'm from Jura (Delsberg), so I speak french as that's a welsch region (and not very well deutsch).

As for the temp, here too it makes >30°C these days. But I love it much more than when it makes cold
    But yep, doing motorcycles by 50°C should not be very interesting... Or you have to go very fast to cool you down

Viel spass auch in Dubai!
    Sebastien

It's starting to look like you have to own a bike before you can get into lasers!

Here's my 929RRY Blade. Blue Flame can, K&N filter, Power Commander with custom map and a tooth off the front sprocket make it a lively little ride, and it doesn't do too badly against some of the newer R1's/Gixxers/Blades still.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0080[1].JPG  

Lightbulb

Nah, I owned my lasers before the bike... Now I want to mount lasers on the bike.

Default my bike

o.k. here my bike, on a warm sunday, enjoying the view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02702.JPG