Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential Bad News for Drone Enthusiasts

Default Potential Bad News for Drone Enthusiasts

Looks a bit like the incident everyone's been dreading:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36067591

well that rises to a whole new level of stupidity on the drones operator, here is the states i have heard of some close calls with aircraft and now any drone that is above a certain weight needs to be registered with or FAA and given a set of identification numbers like the tail numbers on aircraft, my quadra copter is is literally just a few grams under the weight limit, i think the limit is 250 grams but i am not sure, some of our other enthusiasts should have more reliable info then mine, the last i read there are more registered drones in the USA then there are piloted aircraft and must be a nightmare of a database
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

That might have been a dress rehearsal.....Just saying.

Drone versus A320 - airplane (1) / drone (0) - airplane wins!

Much like a mosquito against a water buffalo.

Drone meets engine both loose

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Drone meets engine both loose
    This.

At the very least it could make for an incredibly scary landing, if not worse!
    Anything likely to be in the flight path of an airliner is potentially big enough to do some serious engine damage if ingested ...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by turbohead View Post
    Drone versus A320 - airplane (1) / drone (0) - airplane wins!

Much like a mosquito against a water buffalo.
    ... will be different, if the mosquito has some nasty (or deadly) germs to share ...

Viktor

Drones usually carry Li-Po battery and those are extremely flammable when pierced... they describe that its likely going to get burned up in the engine, but what if the small battery explodes, chip/dismantles a single blade in the engine an avalanche-like situation occurs.. one engine down worth millions of dollars, that's bad enough incentive for EU to make some sort of strict law for 'copters..
    My kit: Mamba Elements V3 & DAC, ILD SOS & LaserCam, LaserDock DAC, Kvant Clubmax 1800 (2017)

As the numbers of flying drones have exploded, the need for regulating the use are there. Don`t know if the rules will be common through out all of the EU, but for us up in the cold north, Norway, the weight limit for a drone is set to 2,5Kg before you need any certification or registration of the craft.

Just build a drone and with the 4000mAh lipo its way below the weight limit. Just thinking what that brick of a battery can do to a plane window or engine is kind of scary. It tells me that keeping your toy under control at all times are essential.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!