Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: printable laser stickers/signs for projectors and modules?

Default printable laser stickers/signs for projectors and modules

Are there any hi-res images available online ready to be printed?
    Because if not, I have some to share.

EDIT: For now I'll share the GIMP xcf projects and also converted to psd files. Sadly the psd files have text layers saved as pixel data.

Here they are: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...XY4UkJ3SzhSMDQ

Only the first image will need tiny bit of editing so the 3 non-rectangular aperture window stickers can be cut properly at your local place because they are bitmaps. But they are pretty simple shapes and solid colors so your vector editor should be able to easily convert them to curves. The other images are rectangular stickers and don't have that issue.

Oh, and I believe this is the kind of thing where wanting to be credited for your work is asking too much (like who'd want a small notice mentioning someone's nickname on a sticker on a $1000+ equipment, right?) so I don't care about credit, consider them public domain, or "CCZero" license, or whatever. I just made these because I believe every DIYer out there shouldn't reinvent the wheel and should spend time on more important stuff. Do reupload them in other places though, would suck for me if this thread was nuked somehow and I lost few hours of work.
    Last edited by ghosttrain; 04-24-2016 at 03:36.

i would love to have some printable stickers my self
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

... here are some normed singns in SVG format - https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnzeichen

If I'll need others, then search through the shops of comercial vendors - http://www.warnzeichen.com/Warnschil...schilder-laser

And either I'll by them (not really expensive), or draw my own in Corel - needs only some minutes.

My laser signs aren't printed, but lasercut

Viktor

Shit, I lost 2 of the 3 sticker images I had made, guess I'll remake them now.
    They are the 1) stickers you put on the aperture window blocking plate, 3) on the modules themsleves and 3) on (usually) the top of the case mentioning the wavelength range, power, year, and some warning text. I don't know if the last one is universal and needed but I've seen it on Goldenstar projectors and some others.

BTW while I'm readoing them I might as well ask it now: which font is best for warning and instructional text? I use the free Montserrat font but it doesn't look very "serious" to me.

... I'm mostly using "Arial black" (bold) for technical text.

But some customers give me their special fonts for better recognizing or company-branding ...

Viktor

Are these any good?

(low res and uneditable format just for preview)

on the aperture window

usually on top of projector case

stickers on the module cases

Last edited by ghosttrain; 04-23-2016 at 09:55.

Just noticed hadn't changed the font of the "DANGER" text as well, fixed.
    So, are these any good?

... looks good to me

Viktor

Since I want the texts to be editable as well for reasons such as filling in the blanks with printed text instead of marker pen (eg. the power level of your module or projector), different language, changing existing text (eg. "Class III" laser product instead of IV) or just adding more text with the same size/font easily I'm wondering what format I should share these in.
    I've made these in GIMP and I can't find a cross-platform format which will support layers, curves and text objects. Any ideas?

... you can draw and reedit text with Inkscape - it's free, so should be a good basis to share.

It seems, you can edit PDF files with Inkscape too - but my test with a PDF exported from Corel X6 showed some problems with replacing the chars.

I'm doing this mostly with Corel (Versions 10 and X6) and sometimes with CanvasX, but you need the used font, or it will (with choice) replace them by other installed fonts.

Viktor