Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem with ishow 1.4 and laserworld cs 1000

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Spaghetti works a lot better with the iShow 1.4 DAC than iShow software does.
    Lol! I would ABSOLUTELY expect that to be true!
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Lol! I would ABSOLUTELY expect that to be true!
    I can ABSOLUTELY confirm that. Spaghetti is actually a nice piece of SW. Downside is that you have to have the ilda files Frome somewhere. Spaghetti is wery limited for making material.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    I can ABSOLUTELY confirm that. Spaghetti is actually a nice piece of SW. Downside is that you have to have the ilda files Frome somewhere. Spaghetti is wery limited for making material.
    How is it for live usage these days? I lost my license when my previous laptop had a meltdown... The timeline was good enough but last time I checked the live part was still under development.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Question Gary.... You mentioned above that Spaghetti (a good choice atmtech, by the way) works with the iShow DAC. I'm not certain I was aware of that. Does it work well? Have you discovered any limitations? I don't know if the main issues with iShow are the DAC or, the software itself or, a little bit of both. I thought there was an issue with the DAC having certain limitations - number of bits or something like that.
    I was busy earlier and didn't really answer your complete question. To expand, the iShow software is buggy but the DAC firmware has some major issues that cause the output quality to suffer. It's only has 8bits XY but that isn't why the quality is so bad. The 1.4 iShow DAC version had a problem where it would show stray red lines. I was able to overcome that in Spaghetti. That issue was fixed in iShow 2.3 but the firmware prevents ILDA files from being draw very well. iShow has a weird point format it expects, sort of like vector mode in other DACs, and if you don't send in that mode it makes a mess of your image.

Bottom line is that I by adding support for iShow DACs I was able to get a little more business that I would not normally have received but I am not sure the headache was worth it.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I can believe that. It's a capable and reasonably priced answer to steer people towards who discover their iShow purchase mistake though. (Granted I did suggest Quickshow above but, I was pressed for time to type the long answer with a lot of the various options.) I always seem to forget about the Riya DAC's too but, maybe because I've never used one. Good suggestion on your part too as I know the Riya is a big step up from the iShow DAC.
    PM Sent...