Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New laser show software for poor people

Default New laser show software for poor people

I've been working on some laser show software on and off for awhile. It actually does allow creating very basic shows and plays them back! I am writing this software mostly for my own amusement. Also, because the free software sucks for what I want to do but the pro software offers too much for what I need and costs too much. Here is a screenshot:

(OK, I attached it... isn't there a way to upload a pic and have it show up directly?)

It currently works with the Popelscan DAC. I will eventually add WAV file support to it for soundcards. It is also easily possible to adapt it to other DACs but I doubt that will happen for a couple of reasons:
    (1) I don't have a different DAC to test with or know the protocol of any others.
    (2) Most people who buy a "real" DAC will get professional software with it already that is probably better than mine.

Anyway, the reason I am posting this is to see if anyone is interested in using this software. Any popelscan people still out there? I'd hopefully like to find some people to use it so that they can help test it and offer suggestions as well create shows that we can all see. A bit of a community effort.

Thanks,
    Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

looking good

What does the click me button do?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thumbs up

Looks good man! Isn't Pangolins SDK available? I think they have it that way so other softwares can use the QM2000. I may be wrong. I also still have a Popelscan DAC. I can make a connector to go from it to an ILDA plug for the projector. I'd try it out for ya.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

That Click Me button is just a temporary thing. You can play an audio file and then click on that box to the beat of the song and it will figure out the beats per minute of the song and add tick marks to the time line for reference. You can then drag ILDA files to the tick marks for easy synchronization. The Freestyle button is similar but it lets you add a tick mark at any point when you click it. You don't need tick marks to add ilda files to the time line. They are just aids. My goal is to make the software so that any idiot can create a show that is synchronized to music really fast. I have a lot of things planned like 3D effects, device support (lumia wheels, fog machines, etc). and basically anything that I think I would use in my garage show.

Default software for poor poeple

hi my name is chris and new to laser hobby
    please send me your software to try i have norms dac and that works with poplescan
    thanks

I'm still working out a few things before I send it to anyone. I could send it out now but you'd probably run into all the bugs I know about or be frustrated with the things that I haven't had time to add. You'd probably call it junk and never use it again... so, I want to wait until it is a little more polished.

In the meantime, you can use Popelscan and Norm's software.

Sorry for the delay. Just finished a vacation and a big bathroom remodel project so I have more time now to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    I'm still working out a few things before I send it to anyone. I could send it out now but you'd probably run into all the bugs I know about or be frustrated with the things that I haven't had time to add. You'd probably call it junk and never use it again... so, I want to wait until it is a little more polished.

In the meantime, you can use Popelscan and Norm's software.

Sorry for the delay. Just finished a vacation and a big bathroom remodel project so I have more time now to work on it.
    Hi Carmangary
    Did you have any success with an updated version of your software?

I have been working on my software a lot lately but I dropped support of the Popelscan DAC. It currently only works with the Moncha DAC that I bought. I decided to do this because I really never received any interest from anyone and it is easier for me to optimize and support only the Moncha DAC.

I can probably add support back for the Popelscan DAC if people are interested.

I'm interested!

Wow, I forgot all about this thread. If you're interested send me a PM or email. I'd appreciate knowing what your interest level is, what you are looking for, what hardware and software you currently have, etc. Mainly just to get some insight into the type of user that is interested in what I am doing.

I'm in the middle of redesigning my timeline and how I save projects right now. Once I get things back to normal I'll start giving it out to people to try.