Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lasever

Default Lasever

Hi, anyone heard something from lasever? Some months ago i send my blue 200mw lasers there for repair, but no answer till now. more than 10 emails are not answered. Me and many laserfreaks from germany are waiting for their blue lasers. I heard that there where some problems with the series , but an answer would be nice.

Has anyone contact to lasever or David Wu?
    Are we ever gotten the lasers back?

Please be careful.

Exclamation

It would be nice for David to at least post a note as to how things are going. I have a faint burnt smell from my Lasever driver now. It does not get warm, but I am concerned. Maybe nothing........It only has about 10 hours on it. My fingers are still tied in knots....when I get finished with the scanner upgrade I will run it as much as permitted. Free shows coming up.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I sent a mail a few days ago to say that my green laser has a problem, but no answer... Usually David was very quick to answer.
    Hopefully I've not yet sent my laser back to factory, and will not sent it before I have an answer.

I just hope Lasever will not leave out all those which sent back their laser and never repair them, that would mean no more purchase of a Lasever from any current of future members on this and Laserfreak forum...

Last visit from David on this forum was 15/06/07, so 4 days ago.

But I think we will hear again from David soon. Lasever is certainly very busy to find a solution to these failures.
    But for sure, just a work from him to reassure us would be nice

Lightbulb

In his defence, he did replace my 150mW, and it did take a few days for him to finally reply to my emails and PMs. Are there any holidays going on over there?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Holidays? Not for Month..

Allthat : when did he replaced your laser? I heard that one time ago he replaced all defective lasers very fast, but now maybe there are too much lasers to repair...

But for Da2001 its laser is already at the factory since some "months", so quite enough time to repair it...

I sent it 3 month ago to lasever. The Problem with the 100mw Blue lasers is fixed, but the blue lasers up to 100mw have got still problems.

Lightbulb

I sent my first PM to David on 05/10. It took a few trys, and ended up with a replacment, not a repaired laser, by 05/26. Someone here got a replacement blue fairly quick. I had heard they were replacing all the smaller head lasers with the "U" series heads.

What's the problem with the 100mW blue laser? I have one 100mW but it works still fine (for the moment and I hope it will last )

Cool

Sorry for my late entry into the thread. Been kinda busy lately.

I have a 110 mw blue laser from Lasever (one of the new "MR" series heads - these are the smaller heads with the round "turret", or cylinder, at the front where the beam exits). The power output of this laser suddenly dropped to 40 mw. (See this thread for details, including all the tests I performed.)

David Wu agreed that the laser was defective, and said he would ship a replacement to me first at no charge, and then I would need to return this defective laser to him at my expense. I thought this was fair. David told me that Lasever had been experiencing a lot of problems with the MR series heads, and asked if it would be OK to send one of the larger "U" series heads (the larger ones that look like a brick) to replace it with. I told him that would be fine.

However, over a month has passed and I still haven't received my replacement laser. I e-mailed David 10 days ago and told him rather sharply that I was not happy with the level of customer service I was receiving. He apologized and said that he had been very busy trying to find the source of the problem with these lasers. He also said that he would be sending my replacement laser to me shortly. I still haven't received it.

I think I will send David another e-mail and include a link to this thread here on Photon Lexicon.

Da2001: I encourage you to do the same thing. Send David an E-mail and include a link to some of the discussions on the LaserFreak forum. Make sure that David understands that his inaction is damaging Lasever's reputation with the laser hobbyist community.

SBK: We don't know exactly what the problem is with the MR heads, but several people have speculated that it's a thermal problem related to the TEC control. Some people believe that there isn't enough thermal mass in the small head to allow for proper damping; they think the TEC control circuit start oscillating and eventually overshoots the setpoint, causing problems. But that's just a theory. Lasever hasn't come out to say what the problem is yet.

Adam