Thread: LSX under Windows 10?

Question LSX under Windows 10?

Has anyone tried to run LSX with Windows 10 yet? With Microsoft setting a July deadline for free upgrade to Windows 10, it would be nice to nail down the compatibility situation. I only have one Windows machine (the one running LSX) and I am hesitant to upgrade it without some assurance of success. If I had another machine, I'd try it myself, but thought I'd ask the amazing denizens of PL first.

I sent an email to Andrew at Innolasers, but no reply yet after 10 days.

Ron
    http://www.laserium.com

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    Has anyone tried to run LSX with Windows 10 yet? With Microsoft setting a July deadline for free upgrade to Windows 10, it would be nice to nail down the compatibility situation. I only have one Windows machine (the one running LSX) and I am hesitant to upgrade it without some assurance of success. If I had another machine, I'd try it myself, but thought I'd ask the amazing denizens of PL first.

I sent an email to Andrew at Innolasers, but no reply yet after 10 days.

Ron
    http://www.laserium.com
    Works Great here! Has been for quite some time. No Worries!

I haven't really found any software at all that doesn't work on windows 10. I think it's not really a stretch to just assume that your stuff will all work at this point

Thanks, guys. Updated to Windows 10 and everything seems OK. LSX can successfully communicate to projector through EtherDream DAC.

Ron

PS. Why does Windows 8.1 take 5 HOURS to update to Windows 10? I was doing this on a speedy i7-based Dell laptop (fully updated). I can completely install MacOS X (from scratch!) 10 times over in the same amount of time! Software updates also take forever. Sorry, I'm just not used to this ecosystem.

can someone please advise me on which version of windows 7 to purchase? i'm about to take the LSX/Lasercam plunge and i'm about to install windows 7 on a mac using virtualbox/parallels etc, and i dont know which of the 7 different versions of windows 7 to get.. home premium, professional, basic, etc.. please help thanks
    Last edited by maxcady; 06-03-2016 at 08:56.

I've had no problems running LSX and Lasercam on Win 7 home premium or professional. I suspect all versions are just fine.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I'm using Parallels with my macbook pro, can someone advise what i should "set it up" for? it gives me options like "productivity" or "games only" or "software development" etc.. i chose "productivity" and i'm wondering if that was the right choice.