Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So. Many. Scanners.

Default So. Many. Scanners.

OK, the prefix should be 'Judging Interest' I have, to use the technical term, a shitload of Cambridge scan sets here. Some 6210 with 678xx drivers and some 6800 with 6580 drivers. Also some gigundous 6880's with 670xx drivers. Oh, and the 6215's from my home-made projector, since retired.. And a complete 6800 XYZ (mechanical blanking) set. And also a 6210 set in a fiber fed remote scan head. And probably more I'm forgetting about.

They're a mix of used and new old stock with date codes in the late '90's through early '00's. All are serial number matched and will be tested and guaranteed working. I have lots of 6800 XY mounts, but only 1 or 2 6210 mounts (planning to have some fabricated if there is interest though). Some of the 6800's mirrors are oxidized / broken and need to be replaced. The 6210's were stored with covers over the mirrors and they seem to have fared much better.

So, does anyone here still like real Cambridge scanners or are the Chinese clones good enough? Should I list them here with the usual PL discount or just toss them on eBay?

List list list list list list!!!!!!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I might trade you some mounts. As far as interest on PL for Cambridge, doesn't seem to be much

I'm interested if they'll be better than the mediocre scanners I have in the Laserworld PRO-700RGB I'm currently rebuilding (putting in >2w diodes/analog). But I have no idea what the specs or performance are of the Cambridge scanners you're offering (I'll have to consult my laser advisors later to see which ones might good match for swapping out). So yes, please list them here!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

interested in 6215's and fiber fed 6210's depending on pricing.

Go on, list 'em on PL!

I am interested, please post more details!

-Sal

I'll have a google spreadsheet with all the scanners and pricing in a few days.

nice maybe i'll replace these chinese jobbies im using atm

OK, it's going to be a little more than a few days. I have mirrors on order and am tracking down XY mounts for the 6210's. I may end up just machining some spacers to fit the 6210's to 6800 mounts which I have lots of.