Thread: need suggestions for a damaged goggle from ebay seller

Angry need suggestions for a damaged goggle from ebay seller

I purchased a safety goggle for Red and IR wavelengths from a famous ebay seller, zone2stealth. Unfortunately, it arrived with broken frames around blue filter glasses at many points from both sides because it was not well packed. I sent the pictures to the seller, he told me he can send new one if I sent the damaged goggle back to him. I asked him also for return shipment, at the beginning he said that it might be free, but after a few emails between us he started to tell me that I have to pay this shipping cost, which costs 15.5$ a registered one from Italy to Hong Kong. It is a quite high cost for me. I complain about this to seller because basically this is his mistake sending the goggle without an enough protection. So far no a positive answer from seller.

I checked the internet, but I could not find a clear thing who takes responsibility about damaged arrives on Ebay. Do you have any experience and suggestion for me? Thanks...

If you honestly gotten a broken pair, and have NOT left feedback yet, then open a dispute first. It says in red letters FREE SHIPPING AND RETURNS. If you have to pay to return a damaged item then its not free. And dont close the dispute until you receive an unbroken pair.

Make sure you test these when you get them. If your spot shines through the goggles then dont use them.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

After opening a return claim and made discussion there, seller offer to me a refund and asked for a photo of fully smashed goggle. I accept the offer.

good ending......
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-