Thread: [HELP] I need a 500/1000mW RGB laser, which brand to buy?

Question [HELP] I need a 500/1000mW RGB laser, which brand to buy?

Hi all! May you firgive me, especially moderators, I guess this is the proper section to post my help request, considering this thread:
    https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...00mW-RGB-laser
    If required, please delete that or ask me to do it, thank you

Here's the kind request, hopefully here someone will support me, thank you!

Good morning all! And thank you a lot for your kind attention!
    Recently I posted in laserpointer forums about a reserch I'm doing for a small club, you can see it here:
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f47/su...ml#post1424183

and there they kindly suggested me to post the question here, you are a community really skilled and talented for laser effects!

I'm going to renew lights effects of my club, not that big (15 x 6 meters), and making myself some considerations while looking youtube videos in past days.. Laserworld CS-1000 RGB looks good,also Laserworld EL-500 RGB, but it cost only 50€ less and on 1000 there are more effects.

Anyway there guys told me that you are evaluating new chinese brands that sell good lasers with even better quality/price rate, and you may suggest me to buy one from there.. as I'm working in Russia here customs could be even better than importing from western europe.

Well, shortly I would need evaluate a product with a budget price (300-450€/$) which is able to:

1) crete the main effects I can see in youtube of CS-1000, with included some preset effects suitable for a club.

2) Compatibility with a proper software designer that allows me to create new effects and store them into laser (which interface it may use for this purpose? USB? or by DMX itself?), for call them later easier by just a DMX command (if possible)

3) reliable machine which can guarantee 2-3 years of work at least, considering it work only on friday and saturday night, and not continusly.

Important considerations
    a) I've a DMX line droven by licensed Martin Lightjockey 2.95, I'm gonna keep this software. If there may exist proper fixtures for Martin it would be welcome, if not I may create myself a fixture.
    b) I know about all the problems regard using laser in a club, laws and complications that may occour. After all this staff, I can say that a powerful laser (>500mW) that worth its price may be droven at lower intensity.. keeping the full power for figures way out of the human's eyes

Any suggestion from your precious experience is welcome!
    Thank you a lot!

I'm looking to create effects like these:
    https://youtu.be/J_SIDwSe0VY

and possibly some draws and text like these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s__rsqC91k0

thank you

nobody have a suggestion for me? Please kindly help! thank you

Hello,
    I work for 520laser LTD.

We have one 400mW RGB with:
    637nm Red 180mW + 520nm Green 120mW + 445nm Blue 80mW, with PT-30K.

Let me know if you like this.

Thank you!
    Song
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Are you aware of laser safety and what jurisdiction are you in?

If you're proposing to audience scan, which is what the video you linked to suggests, then what you're doing in such a small area would be dangerous (without a good working knowledge of MPE and implemented safety measures) and possibly illegal, depending on your location, with lasers of those powers.

Going beyond the safety issues, I suggest you look for a laser with an ILDA input. Recommended brands on here would probably be Able or Eighton Light from the Chinese higher end with Goldenstar at the lower end. Song is well known to us on here although I'm not sure anyone on here has tested 520 laser products. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them of course.

Recommended software would vary, but for simple easy to implement effects like the ones you posted, then Pangolin Quickshow is ideal. In fact both the atmospheric and graphic effects you linked to are Quickshow effects.

thank you a lot for answering me!
    @Song: I checked a video, laser seems good, can you please answer my questions above? I need to clear them before buying.

@White-Light:
    I'm in Russia, for sure I'll know better about it, but I plan to project all the effects on the roof, far away from the eyes of guests. I think that with this formula it can't be illegal. Anyway let's move above from that for a while, thanks for advice

Do you mean that without driving it with ILDA I can't obtain such effects? Should I then buy a laptop and any ILDA adapter to drive the laser? Should it driven/programmed only by ILDA? How maximum long should be the ILDA cable?
    About DMX, any chance to charge those effects sequences internally to the laser and call them back by DMX? Any support already for Martin Lighjockey 2.95?

Checking 520laser I found this video, it doesn't look bad! What are your consderations?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e-zRWeLTIs

I'm a newbie here, there are discussion to get better know about issues in general?
    Thank you a lot

Hi Baraba,

1) crete the main effects I can see in youtube of CS-1000, with included some preset effects suitable for a club.
    It has DMX and ILDA control, DMX control the preset effect in the default show board. (more than 100 effects)

2) Compatibility with a proper software designer that allows me to create new effects and store them into laser (which interface it may use for this purpose? USB? or by DMX itself?), for call them later easier by just a DMX command (if possible)
    It doesn't have SD card. But you can create your own effects and save in the software interface.

3) reliable machine which can guarantee 2-3 years of work at least, considering it work only on friday and saturday night, and not continusly.
    We have 12months warranty for it.

Thank you!
    Song
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Thank you for answer! So you have an exemplification of the 100 effects inside? Maybe a video on youtube.
    The effect I can create can be stored only into computer so, and it means I need a computer always connected to the laser. And How I can change the effect by a DMX command if the computer will drive the laser? I think it's impossibile.
    So I think I need a laser with SD card, yes?

You can use DMX to control cues and effects in Pangolin Quickshow and Beyond (also requires Enttec Pro interface).

Feature table for QS: https://pangolin.com/QS/powerful/table/table.html

Please contact Pangolin to ensure it can do exactly what you want to do before purchasing as I'm not a DMX user and so cannot comment from experience.