Thread: Would like to pay someone to produce a few simple ild animations.

Default Would like to pay someone to produce a few simple ild animations.

Hi,
    I have been reading this forum and it has been a wealth of information - and also a realisation of how much goes into the laser shows I have seen. A lot more than I thought!

I want to use a laser for trade shows (to project onto the hall ceiling) and bought a cheap chinese SD card laser - https://www.djcity.com.au/product/eclipse-term300r-6 - and have been using Showeditor and some free ild animations to get the job done. Also looking at LaserShow Gen software. The text I have been getting out of Showeditor is working well, I would just like to have a custom ild file and realise my level of expertise would get an average result even for a basic animation. I am just after a very basic animation, something like this, which is attached and here - http://www.audiovisualizers.com/tool...ames/torch.ild

I know posts like this don't contribute much to the community but hope this may be of interest to someone here. If interested please just PM me here - hopefully you have a paypal account as I am in Australia. Thanks for reading
    Attached Files Attached Files

That might look and seem simple, but it is not. That looks like it was rendered from a 3D CAD application.

Can you describe more about exactly what you want?

LaserBoy saves optimized CTN files for those SD card readers.

It is also a drawing tool, can render text and is also good at creating animations from single frames of art.

Also that projector you have has an ILDA port on the back of it. That means you can build a LaserBoy DAC and use that to control it.

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?topic=561.0
    Last edited by james; 06-08-2016 at 17:17.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

You can get Blender and the plugin that exports as dxf animation and then use Laserboy to convert to ilda. There's an explanation on this forum on how to do it but I'm too tired to search for it myself.

Hi James.
    Thanks for letting me know that it was more complex than I realised, I had no idea. All I wanted to do was get a similar (or even use this animation as the base as it has been released into the public domain) animation, remove the side switch on the flashlight and put a brand name on the side. I was hoping to just pay someone $20 or $30 rather than get a DAC for just one animation, but that may be an option if we end up using the laser a lot. Impressed with your software! I had already downloaded and tried it, took a little effort for a newbie to wrap my hear around some of it but will take another look. Coloured mirror ball thanks for the tip on what to search on.

Here again, I think what you are looking for is more complex than you might think.

You're talking about editing every frame in that animation and putting text on the side of an object that was rendered from a 3D model with perspective.

3D with perspective is not an easy thing to draw free-hand.

You can create a single frame with your logo and text and apply an effect to that frame to make an animation.

That is not so hard to do.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Hi James, as there was no takers to do one or two versions of something similar I am going to try exactly that over the long weekend here. Funny I was just looking at the file types Laser Boy dealt with and noticed the bmp folder so will probably do a line drawing and convert to ild and enhance in Laser boy. Thanks for the encouragement

BMP is there so you can open a bitmap file into the background of the display area and use LB drawing tools to trace vectors over it.

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?topic=551.0

Once you have a frame or some frames, you can use the built-in LB effects to animate it.

I don't know what SD card reader you have. It might take CTN files or it might take ILDA format 0.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Thanks for linking the topic, never would have guessed I needed an egg and spider to draw a straight line! Will have that topic open when I give it a try

The thread rambles a bit but there are lots of pointers about using LaserBoy in the whole thing.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Thanks all the help appreciated, it is all brand new to me