Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for manual / connection info for Melles Griot 85-YCA controller

Default Looking for manual / connection info for Melles Griot 85-YCA controller

Just scored a really nice 85-YCA-050 561nm DPSS laser head (on a very nice sledge with some other goodies on it) and a matching 85-YCA controller. I'm struggling to locate any documentation for this so that I can connect it to a suitable PSU. Does anyone here have the info I need?
    TIA, Martin

Default Manual

Quote Originally Posted by NobleGas View Post
    Just scored a really nice 85-YCA-050 561nm DPSS laser head (on a very nice sledge with some other goodies on it) and a matching 85-YCA controller. I'm struggling to locate any documentation for this so that I can connect it to a suitable PSU. Does anyone here have the info I need?
    TIA, Martin
    I think I have the manual on this PC. What is your e mail? Phil pbergero@usf.edu
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Default Done!

Quote Originally Posted by 142laser View Post
    I think I have the manual on this PC. What is your e mail? Phil pbergero@usf.edu
    Manual sent! If you did not get it let me know. Good luck! Phil

Default Well?

Manual sent! If you did not get it let me know. Good luck! Phil
    Does it work? Phil

I don't know yet, just got back from a holiday in the Lake District; will have a play tomorrow.
    Thanks for the help, got the manual

Well I can report that it doesn't work
    I had to make the interlock connection on the power connector as well as apply power, it seems this may be a difference between the OEM controller chassis and the lab controller. I also hooked up the RS232 connector (why do MG use a stqndard 9 way D type for RS232, but then wire it up in a non-standard way????)
    Once I hit start, the LEDs flash the warm-up indication, then they go out and the error LED starts flashing; the LED code is 2 flashes which apparently indicates Laser diode voltage limit exceeded.
    I measured the LD voltage between Gnd and the Isense resistor and it appears only to have 600mV across it; using the diagnostics, the system reports 573mV LD voltage during warm up, then a few mV when the error LED lights, so that confirms my measurement is reasonable. I scoped across the LD connections to confirm there are no nasty spikes and it all looks clean, with nothing exceeding the 600mV or so I measured.
    So it appears that the controller may be faulty; I don't suppose anyone has the circuit for the controller card?

OK, so the pump diode is dead short
    Anyone recognise the code CAFZH? It's a c mount, probably around 1.5 to 2W

Hey Phil,

I'm looking for that manual too - if I shot you my email in a PM, could you send it over to me?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by toranilor View Post
    Hey Phil,

I'm looking for that manual too - if I shot you my email in a PM, could you send it over to me?

Cheers!
    I have the manual on my work PC, can send Monday. Send e mail in a PM. Good luck fixing, Phil

I have the manual on my work PC, can send Monday. Send e mail in a PM. Good luck fixing, Phil
    Hey Phil,

I'm looking for that manual of Melles Griot 85-YCA controller too - could you send it over to me in a PM?

Thanks !