Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Another worry is currency though.. we gave up our currency (which I didn't like as a child having to deliver in all my guldens in trade for much less euros at the time).
    I have a pretty valid reason to not want to be here anymore . I'm even taking offers from people wanting to employ me over there because of the situation. So far got a sound offer situated in Oklahoma.
    Oklahoma? You couldn't pick a better time to start in life!

"Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Despite the rumors surrounding the death of MP Jo Cox, the polling has remained pretty steady with the Leave campaign in the lead.

Five days to go and there is a chance we may see something momentous.

Stories like this show how edgy the US and Europe are getting about immigration, even when nothing happens.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/06/1...nderstandable/

Immigration and its sibling, trade and trade relationships are at the heart of these plate tectonics in Western politics. The current politicians are trying to work around and even defeat national sovereignty and so, we see the rise of nationalist parties, Trump and the Leave campaign. There is no question that the pendulum is beginning its return stroke. We'll see how fast it accelerates.

Just in case the reader has not followed this issue, Brexit the Movie does a nice job of laying it out. The first half is the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYqzcqDtL3k
    Last edited by planters; 06-18-2016 at 09:54.

I don't understand why Europe and US have the immigration policy they currently have.
    I don't understand why EU is kissing Turkey's ass so the latter won't 'open the gates' for the refugees. Is the EU that defenseless when it comes to border control without Turkey?
    Same situation with US. There's literally a wall on the southern border of Mexico, yet US government goes ape shit about the idea of a wall on the southern border of US.
    It makes no sense. Do the governments want refugees to flood their countries, crime rate to rise and nationalistic movements to emerge?
    I just can't think of one reason why any politician would support this. I understand why the average Joe would want that, he doesn't know better and watches John Oliver and Billl Mayer, but why are the governments deliberately doing this to their countries?

It makes no sense if you assume the governments are established to serve the people and provide for the COMMON defense.

It makes a kind of sick sense if you assume the governments are the focus, the END, the purpose of a nation. The nations ARE their governments. The citizens exist to serve their governments and the governments drive their citizens through reward and punishment. If you run out of workers, import them. If you run out of gullable, socalist, big government voters then admit immigrants by the boat load. Terrorism is an unavoidable over head, don't ya know.

Do you truly believe that Obama is more afraid of terrorists than the conservatives, constitutionalists or even the libertarians? I doubt it.

Until this new era of Trump and Brexit. I believe these governments did not fear the rumblings of their citizens or the nationalist parties. "They're all a bunch of right wing, extremists" and they have been successfully marginalizing this domestic opposition for decades. But the assets are drying up and the wealth of generations is disappearing as it is spent to quell the frustration and actual suffering of the poverty that these anti free market policies have caused. These governments have run out of maneuvering room and that is why they are TERRIFIED and I mean TERRIFIED of Trump, Brexit and Le Pen.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Despite the rumors surrounding the death of MP Jo Cox, the polling has remained pretty steady with the Leave campaign in the lead.
    No rumour unfortunately: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36565801

Nothing to do with Brexit directly though. More immigration pressures and a person of reportedly possible far right connections and possible mental health issues.

No, you are correct that her killing was not a rumor, rather I noticed that there were many rumors surrounding her killer. The link you provide properly refrains from addressing these. It is my understanding that she had tried to intervene in a conflict between two other parties and was then attacked. She was not targeted because of who she was or because of her views. I only referenced her because of the rabid intensity of the Brexit controversy and how any opportunity, even her death, was being exploited for advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    More immigration pressures and a person of reportedly possible far right connections and possible mental health issues.
    I don't know about UK politics and what happened, but its interesting how possible mental health issues of the criminals are always brought up. It's important for the court decision making, but I feel like news is trying to abuse it for their own agendas. Same argument has been raised for the Orlando terrorist. I feel like although its true mental instability is what causes them to do what they do, let's not forget about what triggers the possibly mentally unstable people to commit these acts. If a person suffering from depression commits suicide from bullying, which is to blame, the bullying or depression? A simpler example: someone wants to jump off the bridge, someone else encourages him to do it. Is that personal not liable and the mental state is to blame? If he is to blame, at least partially, why is the situation different for radical islam and radical political philosophies which are not to be blamed and the whole issue is the mental health?

I agree that at least a passing consideration of mental health should be part of the investigation of a violent crime. And, it is obviously an abused excuse, but the contributing influence should not be held to a different standard of behavior because the recipient is unstable or insane. I am not my brother's keeper especially when the audience is not even my brother.

I think you are being too charitable to the Islamic threat. They are not just influencing some impressionable crazies. These individuals, the Boston brothers, the san Bernardino couple and Omar Mateen were all functioning within our society and if they had not committed a terminal act would still be doing so. They were not nuts.

Look at the video within this Paul Joseph Watson video post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlqXgXwzkPg

There are 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide. Oh boy.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Impacts that you will not hear about in the news...

A Billion UK Pounds per week crosses the UK _ Irish Republic border per week. Ireland will still be in Schengen and EU, UK will not if they vote out..... Can we say border fence? The Irish government is in a conundrum, if the UK leaves, they are in a hot spot, and are campaigning against, actively, in Northern Ireland...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

My opinion is that Brit should leave the EU and join a new union with England, Ireland, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland. I'd add the Netherlands and Belgium but they are kind of messed up right now. Let Germany, France, Greece and the others figure it out for themselves. This also preserves the major trade partners that they already have but pulls the bull stuff policies off their shoulders. Basically they are starting over. Eventually they will be the powerhouse and the rest will come back but on England's terms. I do not think they should use force however. I think Germany and company are paying enough of a price already with the Syrians. Anyway I think it is important they take Scotland and Ireland with them when they leave.