Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Default Brexit

In 9 days, arguably one of the most important votes in the last few decades will occur.

If the UK votes to Leave the EU it will probably spell the rapid decline of Germany's growing influence in Europe (a good thing) and Merkel's political career (a better thing). It will probably reverse the growing power of Brussels and possibly begin the elimination of the EU altogether.

Which way will it go?

Will fraud overturn the actual vote?

What will be the first significant signs of an independent Brittan?

Will Cameron survive if Leave wins?

Will they flood the Chunnel?

What does this vote mean to us in the USA ??? I have and do consider the British Commonwealth and the USA the only ones with the Bullocks to " Stand and Deliver" !!!
    I just wish one could determine just some of the truth behind all the BS !!!!!
    Alas....as a common Piss Ant....THAT will not happen !!!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I may not be up on politics over there as we have our own host of shit here but i am wondering, why would you flood the Chunnel? or was that just a joke?
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

You should read about Brexit. It is a very big thing and will probably indicate the direction of the US election as well. It was a joke thank God, but the way things are going it will become less funny in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post

What will be the first significant signs of an independent Brittan?
    Maybe the Unknitted States Of Ameiikaa will fall apart ?

We'er working on that already. I asked about the first and that is more likely to be closer to home. Maybe Junker will "celebrate" with a drink.

While I think merkel needs to leave because she clearly hates her country and the mass migration is hurting us citizens too I don't think leaving the EU is a good idea.
    Once the UK leaves then scotland will want to leave the UK which a lot of money comes from and as much as I hate the EU because of the political corectness that has gone way far and countries like greece that cost us a lot of money and more.. our country relies on transporting goods from the docks in Rotterdam..

Scary times indeed but I don't want to live here anymore with how grim it's looking.
    I'm actually been talking to other companies in the US to work for them with a work visa and that's coming along so far.

Personally what I'd like to see is for the EU to leave the decision of accepting migrants to countries themselves... right now in many places in the Netherlands (including the place I live) we have had migrants being forced down our throats.. we get informed randomly and get a way to ask questions but actually don't have a saying what so ever.... Not much freedom and democracy if you ask me there.
    Last edited by masterpj; 06-16-2016 at 13:41.

Your reasons for opposing the actions of the EU are sound. And, Merkel is thoroughly bad for Germany and Europe.

The argument for Brittan to remain is not compelling. Scotland has and may yet again vote on whether they want independence.

But, Brittan pays over 300,000,000 pounds a month to Brussels and receives less than half back and it does not control how this half is spent. This unfavorable input/output has continued every year for the 40 years they have been members of the EU.

When Brittan has opposed a policy of the EU (I believe this has occurred 70 times) they have lost EVERY TIME.

If Turkey, with a population of 75,000,000 (99% Muslim) is allowed in then through Schengen, these people will be allowed to enter Brittan. The current immigration rate into Brittan is 3 times as high as the Cameron administration promised it would be and it will surly grow. The Netherlands will face these same pressures and for the same reasons.

The protections and governmental accountability that I'm sure you would support go naturally with national sovereignty and that is what Brexit is about. Immigration and trade do not have to suffer. Look at Switzerland.

Still the exit of the EU might be a double edged sword.. it's very scary because it could sour any negotiation with countries that decide to stay in the EU. When the Netherlands leaves the EU the trade ships will go past our dock to go to the next nearby EU country .. So it's not good.

Merkel should once again be sued for High treason of what she does to her country and be voted off as soon as possible through a referendum or something..
    Maybe it's not bad but we'll have to see. I hope if they leave: The Netherlands does the right thing and leave along with many other countries just straight up stopping the EU as a whole and commencing trade between the countries.

Another worry is currency though.. we gave up our currency (which I didn't like as a child having to deliver in all my guldens in trade for much less euros at the time).
    I have a pretty valid reason to not want to be here anymore . I'm even taking offers from people wanting to employ me over there because of the situation. So far got a sound offer situated in Oklahoma.

All parties that opposed this several years ago even, warning us: Were brushed off by our media as racist and everyone just assumed and believed that... heck even I many years ago thought that those parties were straight up racist... BUT THEY ARE RIGHT.
    Last edited by masterpj; 06-16-2016 at 18:51.

All change can be a little frightening. It is a good and natural human reaction that encourages you to look a little more carefully when making a decision.

You are right about Merkel, but think about all those EU officials that no one can name and few could identify. What accountability do they have for their actions? Junker is a raging alcoholic who stumbles over his words and his feet. What about him? The people of the Netherlands are industrious and do not need the EU to redistribute the wealth of others to prosper.

No, it would be a good thing for the EU to collapse, but there will be some pain. An encouraging sight is Switzerland; not in the EU with a high GDP, low unemployment and healthy trade WITH THE EU! Zurich is apparently one of the best cities in the world to live in.

Another thing to consider is your own reaction to the situation in Europe. You certainly have marketable skills, work hard and have a good lineage. But, nevertheless you are seriously considering leaving and you are not alone. The flight of the European Jews in the 20s and 30's as the anti-Semitic wave grew (and that was not only from the Nazis in Germany) arguably improved America's intellectual assets and the course of WW II. What will Europe really look like in 15 years with current trends in population and productivity? Grimm.
    Last edited by planters; 06-17-2016 at 06:57.