Thread: DT mounting option

Exclamation DT mounting option

Notice anything different here other than aluminum mount? Had to make one to accept beam levels without moving all the lasers. Jian should offer a left or right hand unit......some of us are ...well.....different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2231.JPG  

100_2232.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Cool

That's nice work there...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I like what its sitting on ... looks a bit more complex than our airspace..
    Fly inverted its the only way..

Pitts Man

Ray
    NZ

Cool

I was about to say that you mounted it upside-down, but then I realized that it's completely different. My mount allows the beam to enter from the right side (as you're facing the output aperature), where as your beam obviously enters from the left. But otherwise it's the same, in that the beam strikes the X mirror first and is reflected up to the Y mirror.

So you machined that mount yourself? Nice work Mike!

Adam

Hi. I am curious to know what tool you used to make the slit? Slitting saw? Bandsaw?

Thanks,
    Gary

Right-On! After-the-fact I realized that mine's gonna be left entrance too. Nice work!

The mount was made in haste on a no.3 bridgeport mill out of T-6061 alu. As far as the the airman's chart...I live in class B airspace.... 26 nautical miles outside of Charlotte terminal control area. Lots of heavy traffic in the area. Olive branch route is here again...the military moves it every 65 calendar days....hence the need for buying a new map every 2 months. Back to the mount ....it was slitted with a .045" slitting attachment on the mill. I had changed the center line of the scanners to fit without having to move all the lasers and optics. It is within .003" of the bronze unit...that thing is heavy and holds heat! Guess that's why Jian went to alu. mounts on his site. Should be up and running soon after a small road trip this weekend. I installed the heatsink back on for kicks and grins.....not sure if it will help cool anything as it is on 1/2" alu. plate.
    Last edited by MechEng3; 06-22-2007 at 18:20.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich