Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LasershowGen now with free edition!

Ah yes, good idea, I've had that on the backburner for a while. Biggest problem was that I didn't have hardware to test it on, and the DexLogic units are a bit expensive for a budget hobby developer like me. Is there a program for loaning them for development purposes, or a software emulator, or maybe someone with hardware would be willing to beta test software for me after I implement it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Ah yes, good idea, I've had that on the backburner for a while. Biggest problem was that I didn't have hardware to test it on, and the DexLogic units are a bit expensive for a budget hobby developer like me. Is there a program for loaning them for development purposes, or a software emulator, or maybe someone with hardware would be willing to beta test software for me after I implement it?
    yes there are freely available programs that allow you to test out IDN without having the hardware, such as an IDN viewer etc. Dirk posted some links on another IDN post on here, to Github, with the software and sourcecode etc. The university of Bonn have also released some tools to help.

It wouldn’t be too difficult to implement a lower cost DAC, for everyday use that isn’t the kind of reference design of the Dexlogic StageFeeds and StageMate.

James
    Laser Safety
    https://www.lvroptical.com
    https://www.facebook.com/LaserSafety

- Laser Show Safety Training & Audience Scanning Workshops.
    - Effects Assessment, and Realtime MPE Measurement
    - Pangolin PASS System Integrator

LSG now supports IDN DACs as requested

Hey this software looks great! But i'm having some trouble creating an ilda file from the software. I want to be able to draw shapes in the editor then export a single frame ILDA file. But when I try putting it on to an sdcard and into my laser it doesn't work. It either just displays a single red point, or it will display the last frame of the last ilda file that was playing.The laser is a cheapish chinese one but should work fine as i've played all kinds of ilda files that i've downloaded from the internet on it.

I'm just using the in built sd card option from the menu in the laser, not a DAC or any kind of software for playback.

I've tried both the online version of LSG and the mac version.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong View Post
    Hey this software looks great! But i'm having some trouble creating an ilda file from the software. I want to be able to draw shapes in the editor then export a single frame ILDA file. But when I try putting it on to an sdcard and into my laser it doesn't work. It either just displays a single red point, or it will display the last frame of the last ilda file that was playing.The laser is a cheapish chinese one but should work fine as i've played all kinds of ilda files that i've downloaded from the internet on it.

I'm just using the in built sd card option from the menu in the laser, not a DAC or any kind of software for playback.

I've tried both the online version of LSG and the mac version.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
    Many SD card readers only support format 0 ILD files, make sure you are exporting that instead of format 5 (look for the check box in the settings page)

Also note that format 0 is 3D information. It is very common for files to be format 1, 2D. There is a setting in LaserBoy that lets you save everything as format 0.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

ok thanks, setting type 0 works. Some weird blanking and laser movements still but will work it out.

thanks again.

LaserShowGen is now available on Linux, as a beta version. Might still be buggy but most features have been tested to work. Supports Helios, LaserDock for sure. IDN works-ish but is glitchy. Etherdream should work in theory but I haven't tested.

This is great news! As far as I know this is the first timeline oriented laser show software which runs under linux

I don't have access to my dacs at the moment, but hopefully I will have a chance to try this out in next weekend (laserdock/etherdream).

So far I did mange to get it to run under ubuntu 18.04. I had to first install curl (not sure why, maybe related to the dacs?) but it started right up after that was resolved. Only bug I have identified so far is that I can't paste into the registration key window (tried right click, ctrl-v, shift-ctrl-v, shift-ctrl-insert etc) so I had to type all 40-odd characters in manually.

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    This is great news! As far as I know this is the first timeline oriented laser show software which runs under linux

I don't have access to my dacs at the moment, but hopefully I will have a chance to try this out in next weekend (laserdock/etherdream).

So far I did mange to get it to run under ubuntu 18.04. I had to first install curl (not sure why, maybe related to the dacs?) but it started right up after that was resolved. Only bug I have identified so far is that I can't paste into the registration key window (tried right click, ctrl-v, shift-ctrl-v, shift-ctrl-insert etc) so I had to type all 40-odd characters in manually.
    Cool, let me know if you find any problems. I'm aware of the copy/paste issue, so I will try to fix this for the next version. I agree it's very annoying