Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LasershowGen now with free edition!

Default LSG did not launch on my 32bit machine

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Hi,
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. Can you elaborate on what exactly happened? Did you get an error message? Did it fail during install or during launch?
    Thank you very much for the reply. It did get installed the LSG, but it did not launch. No error message, just does not launch. I think I now know the reason - very little RAM - 1Gb.
    I have ordered two Ram sticks on ebay totally 4Gb. I will try again after I extend RAM. Thank you again for your kind responsiveness.

Hi. My LasershowGen pro can't insert text in Russian, is that even possible?

It is technically possible to create a special version of one of the ilda font files that would work with Cyrillic in the extended ascii character range. I'm not sure how you would key it in to the application though. You see it works by using the numeric value of the ascii character to index the font frame set to get the right glyph.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

There are also some cyrillic individual letters in the Hershey font set, though these may not be very optimized for laser displays.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LaserShowGen_2021-11-28_23-44-29.png  

Version 1.11.0 of LaserShowGen has been released, with some highly requested features, such as basic MIDI controller support. You can now bind MIDI keys instead of just keyboard buttons to trigger animations in the grid and timeline mode, as well as knobs to tweak the adjustment sliders.
    Another notable feature is support for UTF-8 LaserBoy fonts in the text tool, so that you can write many non-english symbols. The text tool has also been made more user friendly in general.

And since it has been so long since I last posted in this thread, there has been countless bug fixes and smaller improvements since then, too.