Thread: correct optics?

Default correct optics?

Hi guys

some time ago we did some RGB modules. I bought a lot of optics from OPT Lasers, but regardles how we did it the result was really bad. So now i hope some one here can tell me what we are doing wrong.

the module has 2 red 500mw diodes comebined in a cube a green and a dark blue diode, all with correction optics. (the correction is not on the pictures, but you can see where it is ment to bee)

Can some one help me out here?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	module.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	50285

Can you detail why the result was bad?

funny, i was just reading one of your threads. Way to big beam and different size on the 3 colors.

How big is way too big?

Different beam diameters without any correction done is to be expected, for starters it looks like you're using different focusing optics for each colour. Not to mention the different diodes will already have different characteristics, leading to different beam specs even if you did use the same focusing optics. Post some more details and maybe someone can give you some more information - diodes used, optics used etc.

@ "Way to big beam and different size on the 3 colors. "
    As Jors and Diachi have already pointed out, if you don't say what optics you were using it makes it difficult to help here !
    Cheers

The cylinder lenses are all missing to start. I got a red set from them and the beam is nice. I got a nice 4x5mm beam after a 2x telescope. That is very nice. In the far field its about 2-3mm on the wall at 20 feet. However I used a dr lava set for the blue and its mechanical pencil thin. Didn't try them on the reds though. Honestly I'd save your money and buy a finished module. You cant bet their form factor and results.

Add telescopes and use them to match the beams. MANY people use this setup with no problem. diode, cyl, spatial filter (1x or 2x)-->
    They also have first rate drivers with TEC/

He did say originally " (the correction is not on the pictures, but you can see where it is ment to bee)"
    Cheers
    PS.Translates as "meant to be".

Well then the next missing item is a beam expander. Bigger on mirror smaller on the wall.