Thread: need a midi controllable show program supporting RIYA

Default need a midi controllable show program supporting RIYA

A fellow club manager offered me to do a live laser beam show with a dj scheduled n a week. Sounds fun, haven't done live laser shows but have done some live video mapping in sync with djs before and its much fun. My style of electronic music will be playing too.
    But the problem I noticed was I dont have a laser program which can be controlled by midi.

This is what I have: LSX Lite, Moncha, and RIYA Lite dac.
    is there any program (free or buy) which works with RIYA and supports midi input? Spaghetti sadly doesnt seem to, LSX Basic does but obviously drlava hasnt responded to my email on how I can upgrade from lite and other programs are tied to their DACs which wont be shipped on time to my location, and also are above my pocket.

You are right that Spaghetti doesn't support MIDI but I am interested in adding support for it. I won't be able to add it in time for when you need it but I would appreciate your input about what type of functionality is required. If you have time, please do let me know. You can reply in this thread, by PM, or at my email address: support@hingednewt.com Thanks!

Hi.
    You can check other programs for reference (Quickshow maybe, Resolume, LSX).

I don't know the terminology of Spaghetti, but in a timeline editor you have "sources" and "modifiers" which modify the sources.
    Any value you can set in the modifier (size, rotation, position, color, intensity, speed, etc.) should be assignable to a midi key/slider. And some "master" settings of the timeline also (master brightness, speed, scale, etc). Finally, parts of a timeline should be assignable to midi buttons (pads). So if I want to play an animation I need to press a button on my midi controller. You'll need to allow to somehow set the beginning and end of that "region" of the timeline which is assigned to the midi key.
    Finally if your program has a grid based animation selection (like Quickshow or Moncha) you should allow to set playback of each to a midi key.
    Like all programs instead of typing the midi key index to assign it you should have a "Detect" feature. It works like this: you press a button to assign the value to midi and the program then asks to rotate a knob or press a button on your midi controller which it will detect and assign it itself. Music production programs also have this.

This is all I think.

I would like to help creating a MIDI control, somebody interested here? Thank you
    I wrote this mail to the address with my suggestions

I wrote the following letter, hopefully we may develope this solution

Good evening, I read your post on forum (https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...327#post324327)
    that you're interested on give program that support. It's actually what I'm looking for.. condidering your software cheaper then other competitors.. it would be lovely!!!

Actually I've a light consolle running on Win7 the Martin Lightjockey 2.95, there I've sequences of all light effects and I would introduce laser between them. The program usually outputs on DMX but there is a way to control fixture by MIDI, I would ask you if u can interface on it a and add me some possibilities to control the laser:
    1) effect to run, basically a file .ild (or your format) to load quickly and play. It would be lovely to have 2 bytes (equal to 65536 combination possible), the file to load may name in the same way, like 00001.ild or 65536.ild, that's just an idea.
    2) Light intensity of the effect (reduce by a % the intensity)
    3) Speed (on a byte of 256, 128 can mean 0 speed, then up or down)
    4) X and Y offset (one byte each)

That's also just an idea.
    Do you think it can be interesting for you? Would you develope it anytime?
    I'm offering like a beta tester.

Please read how Lightjockey deal with MIDI:
    http://forum.martin.com/t/lightjocke...software/804/7

Here is the topic I created on forum (you may reply me there)
    http://hingednewt.lefora.com/topic/1...1#.V6h25TXeIUc

Another question if I can.
    To save a bit I would like to drive laser by an USB audio device, I see you raccomend a couple of cheap audio processors.
    How long can be at maximum the ILDA cable? If you have any experience with long lenght cables.

Kindly let me know, thank you!
    Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by Barabba View Post
    How long can be at maximum the ILDA cable?
    I've tried 150 feet, but probably longer.