Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic Swami Machine 😁

Default Automatic Swami Machine 😁

Got this in my email a couple of days ago from Wicked Laser.
    They don't say much if anything but it looks promising.

https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/44d90b75#/

Fred.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

That's a bit of an insult to Chris but, he has been actually involved in the marketing and possibly development of it. (Heavily discussed on Facebook a couple days ago.) Nonetheless... it's kind of a cool toy but, watch for Beyond to have similar capability in the near future!
    PM Sent...

I had no intend to insult Chris' work. Sure, maybe the emoticon wasn't big enough.

I love and respect Chris' work on abstracts and other things. I completely understand the art behind.
    He helped me in the past while I was having version issues with LSX.

I'm another abstract fan and looking forward for what Beyond will be offering.

Fred.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

no insult taken

i have a fairly small involvement with this project, but i think it's a nice little widget and will be posting a full review in a couple of weeks. i'll also be bringing one to selem so folks can see it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by infredible View Post
    I had no intend to insult Chris' work. Sure, maybe the emoticon wasn't big enough.

I love and respect Chris' work on abstracts and other things. I completely understand the art behind.
    He helped me in the past while I was having version issues with LSX.

I'm another abstract fan and looking forward for what Beyond will be offering.

Fred.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

WL also said they'd send me one but so far they haven't kept their promise. Confused
    I have been negative about WL because of pointers and the powers with no practical use really justifying it's cost.. However to me this is a step in the right direction I think.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    WL also said they'd send me one but so far they haven't kept their promise. Confused
    I have been negative about WL because of pointers and the powers with no practical use really justifying it's cost.. However to me this is a step in the right direction I think.
    maybe they're waiting for the updated version to come out.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

They just send it out actually

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    They just send it out actually
    there you go

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    no insult taken i have a fairly small involvement with this project, but i think it's a nice little widget and will be posting a full review in a couple of weeks. i'll also be bringing one to selem so folks can see it in person.
    That should make interesting reading !

First the BBC finally discovers your existence ...then WL tries to "automate" you .. don't spose you have noticed NASA snooping around your place have you.
    Cheers

I think this is a very good device both in quality and cost, but sadly I'm skeptical the Kickstarter/Indiegogo will meet its goal for the simple reason that a laser projector is required and laser projectors are small niche market. I don't think many people will be willing to pay around $300 plus more for a laser projector just for this. However, I see you have a flexible goal set up so setting up Indiegogo page doesn't hurt.

PS. Why no beam effects? I'd buy one for that. Quality sound reactive beams are hard to set up in my program, something plug and play would be perfect. There's already something basic like that for video projectors I use http://www.musicbeam.org/

Oh, and one more thing, maybe this is a silly question, but was hardware really required? It could be just a software package using the open DAC API to work with several DACs.