Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DT40 issues

i see to have an X problem. the Y (up and down) is fine. but the X is not wide enough.

so are you saying i shouldnt touch these pots?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yep, I wouldn't adjust any of the pots except input gain. Also, since you've already narrowed it down to an "X" problem, have you tried swapping the input cables to the amps to see if the problem stays with the X axis? That would tell you for sure if the problem is with the scanner/amp or the DAC...

David

ah good idea, no i will try that tomorrow
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    i see to have an X problem. the Y (up and down) is fine. but the X is not wide enough.

so are you saying i shouldnt touch these pots?
    You can tune the "Size" Adjustment,never tune other adjustment .
    Also you can tune your software output for balance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adjust.JPG  

http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

So you are saying I am stuck with the settings as they are? Surely not so. I have to tune these for my setup as the text is jagged and overdriven/under damped. They will have to be tuned..........
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

MechEng3, I don't know how experienced you are with tuning scanners. You just have to be very careful and its best to have software that you can set for 30K output so you get the tuning right. If we are both at SELEM I'd be glad to help you with the tuning, I'm no expert, but I can say that I haven't blown a scanner yet. I did throw a set of G-124's with accelerator amps into oscillation once, luckily the only thing that happened was the fuse on the amp blew. Thankfully the accelerator amp was a very designed amp (Yet another Bill Benner design) without that properly rated fuse I could have lost the scanner and or amp.

David

ok well my problem is i dont know how to set the speed to 30k. on my dac software the speed is from 0-100. i think i might wait till i get my pangolin dac and software.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Was there a resolution to the flickering issue? I'm having that right now. I think it might have something to do with my cable which is a 6' serial-cable with a gender changer on one end, for now.

I made a 3 cable Cat-5 ILDA cable, but need to check some of the 48 solders I had to do before it will work. For a show this weekend I plan on making a 50' single-cable ILDA with one Cat-5 cable since I only need X, Y and ground for my particular setup.

it was a DAC issue
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    it was a DAC issue
    Damn. I doubt that's problem on my end as I'm using the FB3.. Perhaps the internal wiring should be shielded? (amps to DB25)